A call must be made (Not Anniversary preview ,the full version :3)

Rapunzel is walking alongside Eugene to her bedroom. She is feeling more relieved now  that Varian would be free as soon as the sun goes up again..just hoping he won't get mad at her after she had to ignore him and his call just last night.
"Eugene, how things went?"
"Oh well they went fine.I guess ,Sunshine"
"What do you mean?" -she said worriedly looking at him for an answer.
"Well.."

Varian was in his room .Moonlight was clear in the sky and that just made him as miserable as he could be as memories from her come to his mind .How was her ? Was she alright ? Did she still care ? Did she hate him too as much as it seems she despised the princess? Will everything be alright someday?
He highly doubt it.
As he was absorbed in his thoughts a man in a white shirt and blue coat passed throught his door .
"Hi googles.Long time no see"
"Eugene! What are you doing here ?"-he said as he dried the tears still parting from his eyes.
"I was checking on  you ,Varitas .You have been very..not yourself these days"
"Really?" -he said with a hint of sarcasm.
"Yes,really-Varian just hear me up .I know"-
"Could I talk first?"
"Sure. If you need to ,then go."
"I have just been feeling like I don't matter as much ..I never feel like I did matter until -well- when I meet all of you ...when I meet her"
"Oh, Ice dragon Lady?"
He scowled at him throught his still teary face.
"I mean CassAndra"
"Yes,Cassi-Cassandra .I 'm just shock, just as much as when Rapunzel didn't came ..except this time I don't wanna hurt anyone...I wanna help her out somehow ...."
"Uhm kinda how Sunshine was feeling a little while before ..that ..She wasn't prepared to meet up with you again .Duties , weird dreams ..."
"I'm already just feeling so bad about not being able to do something of importance about helping her or ..stuff"
"You don't wanna fight her,do you Googles?" 
"No .I know that's not how it works and I thought she would not do this ...ever .I could have done so much ,Eugene, if only I had known better ..."
"Is alright, Varian..well no, but we are at the bottom right.There is no way down from here."
"Yeah I guess so...thank you, Eugene ...I..needed that"
"You're welcome, Googles ,and anytime - He gives Varian a wink and a side hug and goes thought the door to the open once again.

"So it ended alright at the end ,Eugene? "
"I suppose so.He didn't show me otherwise, but maybe this surprise you- we are preparing might help"
"Oh yeah it will ...I hope so, I know so .It was kinda hard to get throught Dad, honestly, but for Varian is worth it ."
"Late Happy sixteen birthday gift he will- "
"That was at least a month ago but...yes Eugene. I believe this is the right one for him .He needs it "
"You're amazing ,Sunshine"
"You're just as amazing Eugene .I love you"
" I love you too, Sunshine ,so much" and he pecked her lips lovingly.
°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°◇°
And so by the next morning, Rapunzel went to the room Varian have taken upon when he had some "free time " during his labor on the weekends.The same one he was locked all those months away from them.Rapunzel was bouncing on her feet ,still trying to keep steady on her feet at the same time .She didn't want to spoil the surprise.They had come here to merely retrieve him , the king will give the official announcement and reveal that as his last order before giving Rapunzel the crown temporary to have some time to recover better from his memory loss spending some time with Queen Arianna and his new comadery-father of Eugene in some activities.
They stayed at the door looking between each other to decide who would make the call "You go first ,Eugene, he trusts you more"
"I don't think so .I already entered wihout permission. It would look suspicious "
"Right..then I'll go"
"I'll be here, Sunshine "
"I know ,Eugene"
So Rapunzel nood and pump on the door with her snuckles . For minutes that feel like hours no response comes to them ...until they hear some grumble and strange noisies, all leading to a little out of it alchemist in a simple pijama comes to his doorway to look at them a bit startled and confused trying to figure out why they were there.
"Guys.What are you doing here?- I mean, your highnesses ,What brought you to this humble place of mine"
"Oh ,Varian, drop the formalities .We're friends.Remember?"
"You're still a princess and Eugene is a prince too.Remember ?"
"Touche.Well ,my dear prisoner then.I had come here to retrieve you personally for your audience with my father , The King"
"What? Rapunzel I swear I didn't meant to de whatever your father is acussing me of to  -"