Crook 9: Money Talks

Start from the beginning

"I need this. I'm giving you my word, loyalty, cash. This is really fucking important to me." Taehyung said.

"I don't know..." Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair. It was simply too much. He was already risking it.

"Yet you leaped at the opportunity to betray the academy and work with my father? He's a spiteful man, Jeon. One wrong move and he wants your head on a stake. Me? I'm more lenient. You fuck up and I'm willing to work with you. This is something rather simple. One week of watching her at most. All for a good 50,000 Id say that's a pretty damn good deal." Taehyung says lowly. It sounded like a threat. If Jungkook didn't do this, Taehyung would sabotage him. Although he wasn't saying it, wasn't implying it - Jungkook just knew.

He frowned and looked down at the envelop as Taehyung stood up. "But hey, I can't force you to do anything, right?" He shrugged, preparing to walk away.

"Wait." Jungkook sighed. He hated this part of the game. They knew just where to hit him. Taehyung quickly conceals his smirk before turning around. He could almost laugh at the defeat written across the young officers face. But it was expected to lose when playing the game with a swindler like Taehyung.

"I'm...busy this week with police work. You watch her for tomorrow night and I got you from there you...asshole." Jungkook murmured. To Taehyung, that sounded glorious. He could risk another night if it meant seeing her again. Being in her presence all while being so far away. It was a win win situation, Taehyung would be winning on both ends.

Taehyung knew he had him then.

•••

Liyah watches in a daze as the steam floats up from her pot of noodles, her eyebrows drooping in an expression of curiosity as she wondered just what it would feel like to burn. Would it hurt? Or would she become numb to the seemingly endless torture in which the heat would bestow upon her skin? Would it be haunting, to dance in the heat or would it be liberating to experience pure euphoria while basking in the pain?

She often thought like this. It was nothing but harmless, peak curiosity that had her mind working for hours.

"Get out of your headddd Liyah. It's not safe in there." Jimin sings, walking past her and to the cabinets where he opened them and reached for two glass bowls.

Liyah snapped out of her thoughts. She sighed as she cut off the stove, steam rising up to the tops of the overhead of the stove. It is a bit hot in the kitchen. Although she only wore one of Jimin's t-shirts and a pair of panties, her skin feels clammy.

"This is the third night in a row we're having noodles for dinner. We need to go grocery shopping but he don't have the funds right now. Excuse me for wanting to live in my head where it's actually fun at." Liyah rolled her eyes.

"I was just joking. Relax." Jimin chuckled, placing the bowls on their small dining room table that sat in the middle of their small dining room. Liyah licked over her lips as she picked the pot up by the handles and walked it over to the table. Carefully placing it on top of the table so that they could serve themselves.

"I'm sorry chim I'm just...thinking about a lot." Liyah murmured, bending her leg so that when she lowered herself on to the seat she sat on her leg, other dangling from the edge of the chair.

"About?" Jimin raised a brow, taking the initiative to reach for some noodles with a pack of chopsticks that had collected from a few nights ago when they had takeout.