A donut box

Will

Robbing a bank was surprisingly easy.

Well, I chose the elegant way, with the lotos casino card from my boyfriend. No guns or funny masks or innocent bystanders involved.

Somewhere on the internet, I had heard that banks only held around 50.000$ cash, and I didn't know how much I could lift from the automat without drawing unpleasant attention. Therefore, I was actually travelling around the city, collecting money from various banks.
And right now, I approached the last one.

I knew full well Nico would sever my head off if he would find out I had that card; especially if he would find out what I used it for. But, the magical amount was a massive advantage there. My boyfriend wouldn't miss 100.000$ when he still got infinite money.

Nervously, I looked down at the donut box. These were Celine's favorites; I had bought the biggest box the store had available. Her roommate, Esme, wouldn't get suspicious about me bringing her a donut box, especially not in her mental state...

~~~

Celine wore her black-and-pink outfit, from the day we first met. Her eyes seemed distant, focussing on the ground. The dirty blonde strands of hers were messy, as if she hadn't brushed them the last few days.
"Cookie dough?", I offered and she shook her head in silence.

Nico leaned himself against my shoulders, his fingers wandering down my back until right over my butt. Last night, we had switched our roles; and he only had to do that little gesture to make my heart beat faster, to make me nervous all over again.
He was grinning winningly. That adorable idiot.

I decided to ignore him as a punishment. "You scare me, Ceecee", I meant. "Has someone ripped out your voice?"
Nico next to me went stiff, as if I had hit a sensitive subject. I took his hand and pressed it tight; Simon being in the hospital was still hard for him.
The blonde just shook her head. A little tear rolled down her nose; she wiped it away angrily.

My boyfriend sighed deeply. "I'm going to the toilet." His fingers shortly pressed against my back and he grinned again as I took a deep breath. How could someone be so polite yet so...
Well, Nico stood up and left us for ourselves. Celine instantly breathed: "It's my mother."

For a second, I was flabbergasted. Did she ever mention her mother? But then I remembered; she had told me about that after her first breakdown. When I had prevented her suicide.
"The sick one?", I asked, instantly suppressing the urge to stomp myself.
"No", she hissed. "The healthy one."

I raised my arms in defeat. "Sorry, dumb question."
Celine leaned against me a little. "At least you're self aware", she meant. Because I didn't know how to answer, I just fell silent.
The sad girl now continued: "They won't pay her medication anymore. I'll have to break off college, or otherwise she will die."
"I... I'm sorry, Ceecee", I said helplessly. "Is there any way I can help?"

She snorted, as if she would find that statement funny. "Only if you can magically cure brain tumor", she meant. "Or if you have like, 100.000$ laying around uselessly. Or if you can change the law, so that really nobody is left behind."

~~~

Well, now here I was, my donut box freshly filled with 100.000$. I could magically cure demigods, yes, but Celine's mother was a normal human. They functioned completely differently, and I didn't trust myself to heal her. How would I even get to her?

100 reasons to love our livesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें