Trainwreck

(Can you Guys see the pictures for each chapter?)

I had never felt this feeling. The sudden jolt in my stomach as I fell through the air. I wave my arms and legs, awaiting the impact of the water when i land. Those were the longest five seconds of my life. I could see Thomas and Minho beneath me. Newt falling right beside me.

Just hit the water, make it stop.
Just land already.

Before I knew it, my body hit the cold water. The impact from the height caused it to slap hard against my body. I groan as more pain shoots inside of me. I plug my nose with my hand, desperately trying to get back to the surface. Splashing sounds surround me, indicating that Thomas, Minho, and Newt landed safely as well. I quickly push myself off the bottom of the fountain and towards the top. I gasp as I struggle to stay atop the water. I don't remember learning to swim or ever being in large bodies of water.

"I got you love," Newt says once he sees me struggling.

I reach my hands out for him and instantly his arms wrap around me. Our bodies collide, and Newt tries his best to keep our faces above the water. He struggles to swim with my extra weight on him, but he soon reaches the edge of the water fountain. I weakly pull myself onto of the walls of the fountain, coughing. Although, I'm not sure if it's because of the water that entered my lungs, or the flare at it's final stage.

From the corner of my eye I can see Thomas still in the center of the water fountain. He pulls his arm out of the water and points his middle finger at Janson who peers at us from the floor we just jumped off. Damn it really was high up.

I start to cough again, this time being certain that it's the virus and not the water because the usual burning feeling ignites my body once more. I wince and fold my body over my stomach.

"Love!" The water beside me splashes loudly. "Are you okay. What's wrong?" Newt desperately starts shooting me with questions. I can feel his hand on my leg. I try to shake my head in response, but Newt's not buying it this time. He tilts my chin up to look at him. I heave through my weakening lungs.

"We got to keep moving!" Thomas tells us. I see both him and Minho pull themselves out of the freezing water.

I shiver, then push back the loose strands of wet hair from my face. I'm not going to make it, I already knew that. Although, that didn't stop me from being completely terrified of losing myself to this virus.

"YN what's wrong?" Minho questions, taking a seat in front of me on the fountains barrier. It finally comes to my mind: Minho doesn't know.

"It's the flare," Newt speaks for me as he sees that I'm still trying my best to steady my breathing. "YN's infected."

"What? How?" Minho's raises his voice. I can hear worry in it, something I never really heard from the tough guy. "How long has she been like this?" Minho asks Newt.

"Couple days," Newt whispers as he plants his feet on the concrete ground. "Come on." Newt reaches for my arms.

I'm a train wreck. My body's still here, but my mind is elsewhere. I'm trying so hard to focus, but the flares already starting to win control. And i can't stop it any longer. It's too strong for me now.

"We got to meet Brenda at the tunnels. Let's go." Thomas says, starting to walk off into the city.

I force myself up and instantly regret it. My legs wobble, wanting to give out. Newt notices and immediately comes to my rescue, holding me up into a standing position.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," I repeat not giving Newt the chance to ask me if I'm okay. I pull myself off of him, not wanting to be needy.

I'm fine, I'm fine. I try to convince myself. But even I cannot believe my own lies anymore. I'm not fine, and I'm not going to make it. It's still worth a shot to continue with my friends until I no longer can. I can push through for a little longer, but I definitely won't make it in time.

Thomas is about to lead us back to the others, when we're met face to face with WICKED guards.

"Freeze!" The one in front demands, pointing his launcher at us.

All of us stop dead in our tracks, not knowing what to do this time. We raise our hands up in surrender to avoid giving the guards a reason to shoot us.

The guards start to move closer to us. When I think we're about to get caught and have our asses dragged back into WICKED's facility, something unbelievable happens. The guard in the back shoots the others down. I knit my eyebrows in confusion. Then the guard pulls off his mask, revealing himself to us. It's Gally!

"Let's go!" He simply states, nudging his head away from the WICKED facility.

"Gally?" Minho gasps, shocked to see the boy who was supposed to be dead.

"Long story," Thomas answers, following Gally.

Newt puts my arm around his shoulders, and I'm about to neglect, but I don't have the chance to when Minho grabs my other arm doing the same thing as Newt.

I turn to face Minho. "You shanks never gave up on me, I can't give up on you." He tries his best to give me a reassuring smile. I try to return the gesture.

"Just hold on okay?" Newt grabs my attention from my left side. "Just don't let go." I study his face, trying to memorize ever detail on it, wanting to never forget it. The beautiful boy who showed me what love was. I give Newt a sad smile.

With that, the two boys lift more than half my body weight to make it easier on me. We follow Gally and Thomas who lead us through the deserted city. Only a few trucks roam the streets.

We quickly come to a stop. Minho and Newt carefully place me on the hard concrete ground with my back leaning on a short stone wall.

My mind starts to wonder why we've stopped then I see bergs flying above the city in the dark sky. The sound of their blades swinging is followed by loud explosions coming within the city.

"Well they're pissed," Gally casually says, holding his gun on his lap. His back also pressed against the wall.

"How are you doing YN?" Minho crawls over to me, sitting on his knees to get eye level with me.

I try to give him a weak laugh. "Terrible," I truthfully answer this time. "It's good to see you though." I place my shivering hand on his shoulder.

Minho's eyes sparkle, tears fill his eyes, but they don't fall. He seems to not want to see me like this so turns to Thomas and Gally. Newt takes Minho's spot in front of me.

Newt places his hand on my forehead. "Your boiling love," Newt tries to loosen the material of the uniform on my neck.

To be completely honest, I don't know what I feel anymore. I was freezing seconds ago from the fountain water, now I feel like I'm suffocating in the thick WICKED uniform. I don't bother to hide the truth anymore. I'm dying. But it's okay. I fulfilled my duty in this mission. I helped save Minho from WICKED and so many other kids. They'll have a chance of being normal teens, living a happy life.

My friends will be safe.
That's all I ever wanted.

And even though the worst is about to happen to me, I don't worry. The Flare fights for control of my body, wanting to dominate me, and in my last sane moments, I'll think of the good things instead of the bad. Newt, my friends, and our future.

Because that's all that's kept me alive till this point.
The reason I hold on.
And even though I won't be part of that future,
I'm happy.

******