Reunion

Draco's POV

Teddy ran into WWW. It has his favourite place. We were going to have fun that day. I was mischievous as a kid but Ted with his werewolf blood beats me to it.  He shrugged my hand off as he ran towards the door of the shop. I ran behind him.
I opened the door and saw him with his arse on the ground. Scattered candies and joke items around him.
I picked him up and stood up as I saw a face that made my heart well up.
"Sorry Weasley" I said as I picked Teddy up.

"Draco" she said. Her voice made me want to just walk forward and hug her. All these years I had not thought of anyone but her.
"Ev." I said.

None of the conversation registered in my head as I walked out of the shop. I only saw her and just babbled. But I have her number now and she said yes to a dinner. I didn't know how to face her after whatever happened at the end of our time in school. But I was happy to see her happy.
She looked more mature and beautiful even though she was in her formal outfit and on her way to work.

————
Text

D: Hey! Still up for dinner right?
E: Yeah. Weekend?
D: How does Saturday sound?
E: Perfect.
D: I'll pick you up at 6:30 pm
E: Where are we going?
D: Someplace nice. Don't worry about it.
————

Ev's POV.

I smiled as I kept my phone down and went to bed.
What should I expect? What should I wear? I couldn't sleep all night.

————

Saturday 6:30 pm

I wore a strappy floral dress and a pair on low heeled Sandles. He picked me up in a car.
"Muggle tech is something else." He said as he got out of his rather expensive looking car and gave me a kiss on my cheeks. He wore a suit. Surprise.
"Do you wear suits to bed too?" I sneered.
He laughed as he scratched his head in response.
I smiled as he opened the door for me.

We went to a rooftop restaurant that seemed empty except the two of us.
We sat down. We could see the glittering water of the Thames and the twinkling city lights from over there.

"So, how have you been? How is life?" He asked.
"Living, I guess. Taking it one page at a time."
He nodded.
"What have you been up to?" I asked.
"Living too, I guess. I spend most of my days just looking after my father's business." He said
"Are you going to the annual ball at the ministry?" I asked
"I am not. I don't like crowded places." He mocked quoting me from when he asked me to the Yule ball.
I laughed.
"Of course I am. Are you?" He asked.
"Well, I have to.  Daily prophet is covering the event."
Silence.
The waiter brought in some fancy looking food I didn't even know what it was called.
"Thanks" we said to him.
"Would you like to go with me?" Draco asked.
"Well, sure." I replied and smiled.
The rest of the evening went by pretty fast and I felt my heart flutter the whole time.
Though I had known him from a long time, I felt like I was talking to a different version of him.
"You have friends that aren't your Slitherfriends now!" I said.
"Barely." He said as his smile kind of vanished.
"I have been trying to be a better person for the past 5 years but it's hard considering I was a death eater. A group of people that went around killing and torturing people."
I was lost for words.
"Not everyone is forgiving. And I'm learning to come in terms with it. I mostly just spend my free time hunting dark artefacts."
I looked up at him shocked.
"Not to use them!" He laughed. "Just a hobby. I collect them and put them on display at the Manor. Makes it look creepier. More like home." He joked.
I smiled. I could feel he was still quite lonely.
It was already past 10. We had just been playing with our desserts trying to extend the conversation. But we both knew the end of the day was it.
————

He dropped me home. Gave me a hug and a kiss of my forehead. It brought back so many memories and my already fluttering heart was beating out of control.
I couldn't sleep all night. I just remembered the night he took me to the astronomy tower, when he first held my hand.

I smiled and fell asleep.
————

The next few days were almost the same except the occasional message from Draco.

I waited impatiently for the ball.

———
The day of the ball

He knocked on my door. I opened the door.I wore a new dress I had bought especially for the event. He came towards me and took my hand and kissed my hand.
"You look beautiful." He said.
"You don't look bad yourself." I said. "Come in."
He walked into my apartment. I skipped towards the kitchen counter to grab the flop powder.
We got into the fireplace and threw the floo powder as we said "Ministry of magic." With a flash, we reached the destination.

The party had already started. We greeted a few people.
"Ginny!" I called.
"Ev!" Ginny rushed in. "Draco" She said a little less enthusiastic.
"It's so great to see you. Ginny, Harry. Are Ron and 'Mione here too?" I asked.
She pointed me towards them.
I waved. They walked towards me. Hermione hugged me.
Though we were still very good friends, we worked at different places and barely saw each other. The boys nodded at Draco. He nodded back with a slight smile.

We danced a while and then found ourselves a quiet corner. It reminded me very much of the Yule ball and I could see he was thinking the same thing.
"Do you want to go somewhere else?" He said trying to remember how the whole night played out years earlier.
"Sure." I said as he smiled and grabbed my hand. We walked out of the event and then he held my hand we apparated.
It was the alley next to a high rise building. We took the elevator. He grabbed the keys from his pocket and unlocked the door. It was his house.
We walked in. It was rather sleek and clean and minimal.
He grabbed my hand again and walked ahead of me. I followed. He opened the door to the balcony patio area. It was windy and cold and quiet just like the top of the astronomy tower.
I held on to the railing and looked out at the cityscape with a smile on my face. He took off his jacket and placed it on me. Then he held my hand and looked at me. I leaned towards him and placed my head on his shoulder. His arms wrapped around mine.

"You were the only one who took a chance with me back then. Will you give me another, Ev?" He asked.
"Only if you swear there's going to be no dark, dangerous affairs this time around."
"I think I'm over that. I had a fair share of it." He laughed.
"Fine then." I said as I turned towards him.
He wrapped both his arms around me and leaned down to kiss me.
I felt complete as his lips touched mine. I felt a rush of emotions. I hugged him tighter.
"I love you Ev. I never stopped loving you." He said.
"I love you too." I said and placed my head on his chest.
————