Chapter 82: A Letter and Lessons with Loki

Start from the beginning

By now you have heard of the Triwizard Tournament. I fully expect you to enter the tournament. This is your chance to make something of the Diggory name and to bring pride to the house of Hufflepuff.

I do not know why you have been acting to rebellious as of late but you need to straighten yourself out and so you will be picked as the Hogwarts Champion. I know what an amazing young wizard you are and this is your chance to show everyone else.

You know I love you and I only want what is best for you. I truly believed that this tournament is the best thing for you. It will give you so many opportunities that you would never had if you didn't enter.

All my love,

Your Father

The letter was such an odd mix of father who was demanding and yet trying to be loving at the same time. I honestly didn't know what to make of it. The letter certainly was nothing like my dad had ever sent to me but then again, my dad was born in 1918 so I didn't know if it was a generational thing or what.

"So, what do you think?" Cedric asked me when I had finished reading the letter.

"I really don't know what to make of it. But the most importantly, what do you think? Do you want to do? Do you want to enter because you actually want to?" I asked him.

"I don't know. You would probably think I was crazy if I told you I was thinking about entering before Dad even sent the letter," Cedric sighed.

"No, I wouldn't think you were crazy. Have you looked at my life, it's the definition of crazy! I'm part super solider and part demi God, my uncle was mind controlled in to trying to take over the world, I call two of the most highly trained assassins my family and my godfather who I thought was dead isn't and was a brainwashed Hydra hit man! The tournament is normal compared to what I do on a daily basis!" I told him, making him laugh.

"I guess you're right. But do you think I should enter?" he asked me.

"Only if you want to. Not because your dad wants you to or because it will bring glory to Hufflepuff but because you want to," I told him, honestly.

"I do want to enter. For myself, not for anyone else," he told me after thinking it over.

"Then I will be there for you ever step of the way. No matter what happens. I love you Cedric and I will always be there for you."