Part 3

Things are about to get interesting!

~MidniteFanfic

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alois tip-toed into the manor, closing but not latching the door, wincing as he heard the click of his own heels on the hard flooring. His own manor didn't echo this much, it was going to be more difficult than he thought. Cautiously he snuck through the main hall, down the servant's wing and into the kitchen, where he stood a moment, dumbfounded for a moment by the vastness of the room. "Where in bloody hell do they keep anything here? I don't have time for this...." He rummaged through the cabinets quickly, finally finding two scotch glasses. The moment his fingers wrapped around the cool beveled glass he heard a voice from outside the door and dropped to his knees, hiding behind the kitchen island, glasses still held one in each hand.

"Mister Sebastian said we should all go! Lady Elizabeth will be so happy when we've gotten everything in one go, she will! Right and tidy!" Mey-Rin sounded elated to be in Sebastian's good graces, it was a known fact amongst the servants that she was well and truly smitten by him, though she never would have admitted it, even under penalty of death.

"Yeah! I'll help carry the big stuff!" Finny puffed out his chest proudly as he made his way into the kitchen, pushing the door open with a loud *SMACK* as it hit the wall behind it. Mey-Rin winced, and so did Alois from his hiding place.

"That's all fine and good as long as you don't break anything this time..." Baldo replied, laughing heartily at his own wit.

"Hey! I'm bein more careful..." Finny protested as they made their way across the large kitchen towards the servant's entrance. "I haven't broken anything all day!" Trancy scuttled to the edge of the island, peeking out from around the corner to see the three servants' feet as they headed towards the door, and then stopped. Damn servants... get out! Go! Leave!

"Well, it's still early..." Baldo stopped with his hand on the entrance door, turning back to look at Finny and Mey-Rin as they came up behind him. "Hey, looks like somebody left the cabinet door open. Better not let Sebastian see..." Alois went pale, hurrying as far under the island as he could, trying desperately to position himself behind the potato sack that sat beneath the counter, willing himself to become smaller, smaller, and perhaps disappear. The glasses clinked in his hands and he froze, closing his eyes and imagining himself a potato, blending in with other potatoes, holding his breath as footsteps came closer.

"Oy, I swear I just closed them all.... I made refreshments for Master and his guest... Sebastian said..." She passed by Alois, and flipped the cabinet door closed, rushing by him without so much as a pause, and all he could hear was the beating of his own heart in his throat. She didn't see me... she didn't hear....... "Anyway, we're to be going, the carriage just arrived. Bring the cloth sacks! And the rope! Don't forget the-" the servant door thumped closed, lock clicked, and Alois finally let out a deep shaking breath, giggling to himself at his stealth.

"I knew I wouldn't get caught...." he popped up from behind the tubers and made his way to the icebox, now in much less of a hurry than before. He sloppily poured two scotch glasses of lemonade and as he put the pitcher back in the icebox the shortcakes on the cooling rack caught his attention. He grabbed two, shoved them into his pockets and went back to the counter, riffling through the inner pocket of his jacket for a small envelope. Once he held the envelope in his hand, he opened it, shifting the white powder inside. Pausing for a moment he looked at the powder, then back to the glasses, making his final decision. He dumped nearly half the amount into each glass and replaced the envelope, using his finger to stir the liquid until the powder dissipated. He slipped the finger into his mouth and licked it clean, wincing slightly at the bitter taste of the lemon combined with the mildly medicinal taste of the powder. Now I'm going to teach Phantomhive how to have some real fun.... he laughed softly, taking both the glasses in his hands, and pushing his way out the kitchen door with a certainty that his plan was going to go off without a hitch. As he slipped back through the front door of the manor, he glanced behind him, but couldn't see the raven-haired shadow that stood just beyond the field of his periphery.

Interesting. Sebastian thought, and made his way to the kitchen both to survey the damage and prepare afternoon tea. When he saw the splashes of lemonade on the counter, and crumbs of shortcake on the floor, he laughed, shaking his head. Bocchan, you're supposed to be playing games.... not manipulating your company into stealing treats... he laughed rather heartily at that, wiping up the mess and carrying on with his duties. Perhaps you have been paying attention...