Home & Reassurance

Start from the beginning

"What time is it?" I ask, hugging her close to me.

"9 am." She responds before kissing me, knowing I'll grumble about how early it is.

"Where are we going on this adventure?" I ask, accepting the affection.

"Did you sleep?" She questions instead and I open my eyes to see her concerned ones on me.

"Um, you did just wake me up so yes?" I respond.

"No offense, but you look exhausted and you can't keep your eyes open." She searches my eyes and I rub at them sighing. Busted.

"I uh, I had trouble falling asleep, but I'm fine." I respond, rolling us over and snuggling into her neck. She runs her fingers through my hair and I kiss her neck a couple of times before pulling away to look at her. "I'm okay to go on our adventure. So where are we going?" I ask again.

I watch as she has an internal battle, before sighing and giving in to my determined attitude. "The High Line seems like fun, its going to be a nice day so it will be a nice walk." She explains and scans my face for my reaction. I smile and nod before rolling out of bed to pee. We get ready for our day and Lizzie stops me before I head out the door. I turn and throw her a questioning glance. "You forgot your sunglasses, AirPods and to tie your shoes." she points out and I look down at my shoes. Oh. I bend down and tie them before taking my sunglasses and AirPods from Lizzie with a grateful smile. She throws my keys in her purse and follows me out and to the subway with her hand clasped in mine. I can tell she's worried but I try to smile through it to make sure she knows I want to go on an adventure with her.

We bop our heads to Dreams my Fleetwood Mac and I smile remembering our first grocery store trip when we were just getting to know each other. I look over at her and smile at her dazed look as she nods subtly to the beat. I lean over and kiss her cheek and she smiles pecking my lips. We get off on our stop and find our way to the start of the High Line. Sweet Creature starts playing and I stop, pulling her to one of the platforms at the start of the old train tracks. She looks at me in confusion as I pull her to the side and wrap my arm around her lower back. Her face breaks out in realization and she wraps her arm around my neck, already swaying to the music with me.

"We haven't danced like this in forever." She states quietly looking around the quiet corner I pulled her into.

"Figured we should dance as much as we can before you leave." I say softly and she frowns. I kiss between her furrowed eyebrows and continue, "I know you don't want to and I promise I don't feel like you are abandoning me." I assure her, knowing what her frown is about.

"How did you? You know what I shouldn't be surprised at how you can easily tell what I'm thinking anymore." She accepts and I smirk, resting my lips against her forehead as the song ends. I twirl her around before pulling her to my side to start walking along the path. We continue in our comfortable silence as my fingers play with her ring, twirling it around with my thumb. "It's going to work you know?" She asks and I give her a confused look.

"What is, Angel?" I ask, confused where the random statement came from.

"Us. It's going to work. I know you are worried, I am a little bit too. But, I believe that our connection will get us through the next year. Through filming, the Dr. Strange Premier and whatever else that comes up, I think we can do it. As long as we stick to what you value most. Honesty and communication. I promised you that I would love and support you through anything and to make you happy and I intend to keep that promise no matter where I am. It won't be the same, but I'll be with you which will always be enough." She finishes her ramble and it puts me at ease.

"That makes me feel better baby thank you. I uh. I think we should also accept that we may fight and things might happen. But if we just keep up our open communication then it should be fine. Our schedules are going to be a mess and I'm going to have to go without touching you for way too long. I'm going to be grumpy. But, I promised I would be patient and trustworthy, to love you through anything, and do my best to make you happy every day. I intend to keep my promises too. Being apart will make it hard, but I really hope we can both keep those promises because we both really want to." I ramble and sigh. Our bubble has always been bliss, but we have to remember reality. Our reality can't be perfect and if we get used to that idea then if something happens we won't be blindsided.

"You make great points. I feel like we will have fights and be frustrated, but I also think we will figure it out." She hums in thought and I nod.

"As long as we end up back together, any shit that we go through will be worth it." I conclude and she wraps her arm around my waist in response. I wrap an arm around her back and keep her close as we make our way through the path getting closer and closer to Chelsea. Our talk made me feel better even though I'm still sad about it. But, we still have time together and I intend to make it the best 5 weeks ever. We explore Chelsea Markets to end our day and Lizzie forces me back home when I start swaying in exhaustion.

I slide into bed for an afternoon nap and Lizzie cuddles up to me while she watches Schitt's Creek. I pass out pretty quickly due to her rubbing my back and massaging my scalp and it was probably the best sleep I got in the last few days. The impending separation can wait, time to make the most of the time we have together without being a big mope.
______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N A slightly shorter filler chapter to set up the last bit of the book. Not my fave but yeah. Fluff for the rest of the book! Anyway, let me know what you think!