Vessel Views & Subway Talks

Y/N POV
During our trip on the subway, we had to transfer a couple of times and ended up being able to sit on the last train. I am taking her to the Vessel in Hudson Yards. I'd been a couple of times and it's fun so hopefully, she enjoys it. She seems confused about where we are going which adds to my fun. She's stayed close to me the entire time, grabbing onto my hand or the back of my shirt if she gets pushed behind me. I'm enjoying it way too much. We are a couple stops away, sitting next to each other, our thighs pressed together in the cramped subway car, but I'm not complaining.

"Can you tell me where we are going now?" She questions.

"Hm, Let me think, no," I smirk at her frustration. "I promise it's cool though," I assure her. She slumps back into her seat crossing her arms. I notice we are at our stop and stand up, she follows suit, grabbing onto my hand as we walk out of the car. Her eyes scan the station and she notices the signs.

"Hudson Yards?" She observes. I nod and smile. She seems to accept where we are as we get on the longest escalator known to man. I swear this thing broke some kind of record. Her eyes scan the artwork along the ceiling and I hold her hand tighter knowing it can be disorienting. She doesn't seem to notice or care.

We finally get to ground level and I lead her over to the Vessel. I had set up the free tickets before we left so I lead her straight to the man taking tickets. He scans them and nods politely letting us into the exhibit. It's live art, where the people that explore it become a part of the piece.

"I hope you are prepared for some exercise, Beth" I tease her.

"Race you to the top!" She exclaims taking off. Oh, game on! I watch as she goes back and forth up the flights of stairs, rookie mistake. Instead, I go in one direction up the stairs easily beating her to the top. I look around for her and laugh at her determined look as she ends up a platform over from me. "Loser!" I scream over to her as she looks around for me. She sighs and comes over to my platform as I wave her over.

"You cheated" she states pouting at me.

"How on earth did I cheat babe?" I say back not realizing what I called her. Her head snaps over to me and I look at her questioningly.

"I don't know how you did it, but you did, princess." She teases back.

"Alright, whatever helps you sleep at night. But, take a look." I gesture to the view of the old train tracks below us and the Hudson River.

"Whoa," she whispers as her hands grasp at the railing facing the river. I smile softly at the dazed look she has on her face taking in the view. I place myself to her side, but slightly behind her, shielding her from other guests. I grasp onto the railing beside her left hand and put my other hand in my pocket. My gaze shifts between her side profile and the view, enjoying the moment with her. "I've never been here before. I've heard about it, but this beats what I read about." She says softly. The sun was on its way to setting which made her glow. I sigh to myself. I'm falling for her. Like actual feelings. This isn't good. She's straight and kind of engaged and way out of my league. I push the feelings back like I've been doing for a couple of days now and focus on just being there for her. She turns slightly towards me. "Thank you," she says sweetly.

"Whatever for, Angel?" I ask in confusion.

"Everything. You've made these past few days sort of magical with all these adventures and letting me stay with you and just, being you I guess." One of her hands grabs ahold of my shirt covering my stomach and I wonder if she even realizes she's doing it. Her eyes lock onto mine, well at least I think they do. Alright, enough of these stupid things. I take my hand out of my pocket and slowly take off her sunglasses setting them on top of the brim of the stolen baseball cap. Her gaze doesn't leave mine in the process and my cheeks flush at her attention on me.