Plans & Rules

Y/N POV
Lizzie and I decided to go on another bike ride around the Island before we catch a ferry home. We stop at a bench near the water on the backside of the island when Lizzie's phone starts ringing. I sit down on the bench and watch Lizzie through my sunglasses as she walks in circles talking to whoever called her. She rubs at her eyebrow, a telltale sign she's stressing about something then looks up at me. I smile and she smiles back before turning around continuing her circle. She sighs and starts walking back towards me.

"Yeah, one second." She mutes her phone as she sits down next to me. "It's my publicist. Our situation could get quite complicated depending on how we handle it."

"Our situation?" I question not quite understanding what she means.

"Yeah, uh, you know like our um. Our friendship." I mouth an oh and gesture for her to continue. "Now, I don't want to hide you from the world, but I also don't want to make your life hell. Our adventures are special to me, but if you want to be kept out of my world they might have to be a bit more secretive." She explains. To be honest, her business voice is hot. Okay, not the time.

"Okay, so it's either fewer adventures with more censored interactions or you tell the public who I am and I kind of get more attention but we don't really have to worry too much about being seen together?" I clarify not liking either option.

"If we do tell people who you are, I would make sure to protect you. You'd be my friend, for now, our interactions would have to be censored in public still for a while, I'll have to make up answers to interview questions about you, but I'll do it if you don't want to be a part of this world." She assures me.

I hum in thought. "Either way how we interact in public will be different?" I clarify. She smiles sadly and nods. "Okay, but with the second option, it's like a slow introduction into your world? It's not going to be like all at once right?"

"No, not at all. We'd be careful, make sure your info is protected and such." She explains. "If you aren't ready for that yet, then we will just get used to being different in public. People will still question who you are, but we won't share anything about you. Keep as much hidden as we can."

"But, eventually won't we end up at the same place? It's just the timing that is different with these two plans."

She nods, "Yeah basically. This is your choice. If you aren't ready then you aren't ready. If you want to test the waters, I can allow Jimmy to ask about you tomorrow, but play it down and not offer much info. Whatever I share, you will know about beforehand." She assures me. "I want to protect you from this world as much as I can for as long as I can" she explains. I melt at how protective she is.

"I think that it will be harder for me if we wait. The sooner your fans get used to the idea of me in your life, the sooner we can potentially come out to them. I'm not a very patient person." I tease.

"Relationship? What is this relationship you speak of?" She teases me. I roll my eyes. "Okay, slow and steady is our plan, starting now?" She double-checks. I nod. She smiles and pecks my lips getting up and continuing her conversation with her publicist. She eventually hangs up and comes to sit with me.

"Alright, operation Y/N is a go." She playfully informs me. "Are you sure about this? You could have picked the third option." She states and I look at her confused.

"There was a third option? Why didn't you tell me?"

She looks slightly guilty, "The third option would be we stop, whatever is growing stops and I'm out of your life. I didn't really like that option so I may have left that part out." She avoids my eyes.

"That's fucking adorable," I reply and her head shoots up in surprise like she expected me to be mad or something. "I wouldn't have chosen that option, Angel. That isn't even an option, so you were right to leave that part out." I assure her. "But, now that I'm becoming a part of your life more realistically now, can I meet Scarlett Johansson?"