I kick off my shoes and pace around the living room not knowing what to do with myself. She timidly stops me, her hands on my arms and I squirm away sitting on the couch.

"Y/N, please just listen." She starts and I don't interrupt or leave so she lowers herself down on the couch. "I don't want a break. I only suggested it because I don't want to hold you back. I'm leaving you alone for months and its not going to be easy." She continues and takes a breath.

"What would you even be holding me back from, Elizabeth?" I mumble. She sighs but continues, inching closer to me.

"I don't know. Having fun? Making friends? Meeting people and doing fun things without having to worry about your girlfriend across the country?" She lists off.

"The fact that you would even think I don't want to be with you hurts." I reply in a whisper, my eyes locked onto the chair across from me.

"I didn't mean to imply that, my love. I just, thought I'd suggest it as an option. It's something that has happened before in past relationships." She explains, and I side eye her hand that is inching closer to me. It makes me think of Robbie and how their break led her to me.

"Well it isn't an option for me. I don't want anyone else and I don't want you with anyone else. A break ended your relationship with Robbie and brought you to me. I don't want that." I make it clear, still slightly fuming over one stupid suggestion.

"I don't want anyone else either. I'm realizing how the suggestion may have sounded, but I promise you I want to make this work through any complications we have. I feel horrible that I'm going to be hurting you for months on end because of my job." She whispers and I soften. She just wants to make sure I'm happy. I realize I haven't been thinking about her side of this. She doesn't have a choice but to leave me alone knowing its going to hurt me, she has contracts she has to follow.

"What would hurt me is not being yours. I don't care if we have to be physically apart for a long time as long as your with me in spirit and over the phone." I make it clear, really wanting this argument to be over. I caught a glimpse of her pained expression and really hate it.

"I'm with you. I always want to be with you. Please, please believe that. I made a dumb suggestion that I didn't completely think through and I'm sorry." She concludes and I sigh rubbing at my eyes.

"I'm sorry for freaking out. I should have heard you out instead of acting on impulse." I sigh, my body finally calming down. "I'm with you too and I love you so much. So please don't ever suggest a break when I'm so fucking happy with you again."

"Never again. I love you, Y/N and I don't want to lose you. I just want to make you happy." She assures me in the most genuine tone I've ever heard.

"Staying with me will make me happy." I pout still trying to calm my emotions.

"Yeah, I got that." She sighs, "Can I kiss you?" I look over at her finally making eye contact and I nod softly. She hesitates and my heart hurts, realizing she's afraid I'll pull away from her again. I turn to face her and reach out to hold her hand, rubbing my thumb across her knuckles. She breathes out a sigh of relief and leans forwards connecting our lips in a passionate kiss.

"I don't like fighting with you." I sigh against her lips before kissing her again, tangling my fingers into her hair keeping her close to me.

"That really sucked." She agrees and I pull away wiping at her eyes.

"I think I need a bubble bath." I whisper

"Bubble baths fix everything." She agrees and I smile. She returns it her eyes sparking. We take a relaxing bath, keeping each other close and savoring the time together. We cuddle close together once we get in bed and refuse to let go, the fight scaring us both. We haven't fought like that ever.

~The Next Day~

We pack up our bags and get ready for the flight home. There is still a weird tension from our fight yesterday but not because we are still mad. We haven't had to deal with a fight that serious and I think we are both still trying to figure out how to move on from it. Once we are finally on the plane I realize we are headed home and take out the box of Polaroids to relive the trip again. Lizzie rests her head on my shoulder to look at them with me. I smirk at the pictures we took in our bubble bath last night, both our hands resting next to each other, our rings on display. Pictures from our random walks and tangled in the sheets in the mornings. My smile grows and I pause at the selfie from the Rose Gardens, our smiles big and eyes bright. I want that forever.

I turn to kiss Lizzies hairline and her hand slips onto my thigh. I don't think anything of it at first but her fingers slip to my inner thigh and I fumble with the pictures in my hand. I put them carefully back into the box and into my backpack as her fingers inch closer to my center. "Elizabeth, what do you think you're doing?" I ask quietly.

*****⚠️Smut warning, skip to next chapter if you do not want to read⚠️*****

"Want to join the mile high club?" She replies with a smirk.

"Oh so now you want to?" I tease back and she sends me a challenging stare. "I uh, I suddenly have to pee." I scramble to my feet and practically run to the bathroom. I bounce in anticipation until the door opens and Lizzie rushes in, locking the door behind her. Our eyes connect as we pause before quickly attaching our lips and grabbing at each other. I grab her thighs and lift her onto the small sink as she grabs my cheeks keeping my lips on hers. The heavy breathing and random bangs probably let everyone know what's going on in here but I really don't give a fuck. I cup her clothed center and she gasps but responds by slipping her hand into my pants, unbuttoning them with one flick of her fingers. I follow her lead and moan at the wetness I find between her thighs.

Her fingers play with my clit as I slide a finger into her heat, we both gasp at the feeling. I start a slow rhythm with my finger that she mirrors as I attach my lips to her neck, her grasp in my hair tightening as gasps leave her mouth. It's messy, rushed, and rough, but hot as fuck. I slip another finger in and hum when she does the same matching my pace. I thrust into her harder which makes her squeal and I huff out a breath when her fingers stay buried in me, curling frantically. "Come for me baby." She whispers into my ear.

"You first." I spit back and push my thumb onto her clit. After our bath last night we went to bed, no make up sex. It seems as this will act as a substitute. Competitive, messy, angry plane bathroom sex. We continue to tease each other, our gasps more frequent and our rhythm gets more and more frantic. I find a spot that makes her shudder and focus on it, not letting up as I feel her walls flutter around my fingers. A string of curse words leave her mouth as she comes, her body tensing then relaxing. Her fingers only pause for a second before her thrusts are rougher and I sigh in pleasure and bite down onto her shoulder as I get thrown over the edge. We both catch our breaths and hug each other close before we shift to get cleaned up. I help Lizzie off the sink so we can wash our hands, I fix her pants for her and she combs her fingers through my hair.

"I love you so much." I state seriously, kissing her softly.

"I love you more." She replies and I pout in response.

"Not possible." I argue and she rolls her eyes. There's a knock at the door and we both jump. Busted. We look over each other again and everything looks good so we make our way out like we didn't just fuck in the bathroom of the plane. We settle back into our seats all cuddled up together and end up falling asleep for the rest of the flight.
______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N A little taste of some angst before the end of book 1. I'm not sure how many more chapters are left for this one. I kind of want to drag it out to 60 parts and give a little bit more fluff before book 2. Let me know what you think!

I didn't edit but I gave up on doing that a while ago.