-two-

The door was unlocked so they could step right into the apartment. On the couch, their moms and little sister were sitting, playing some sort of board game. When they got closer, Gabriella noticed it was monopoly. Knowing how competitive they got, she made a note to decline any requests for them to join in if they asked.

"Hey, kids," Freya mumbled a greeting, focused on the game.

Leona turned around, smiling as she noticed Storm was there too. "Hi, Storm. Always nice to see you."

Storm chuckled. "It's good to see you too. Mom said something about kicking down your door if you didn't call her back earlier, just thought you should know because I don't doubt she will."

She shook her head, not in disbelief but like she was used to it. "Of course she did. I haven't checked my phone all day but I'll call her back after I win this game."

Freya gaped, smacking her wife's shoulder. "You are not winning!"

Audrey leaned back, crossing her arms. "Neither of you are. I'm the one winning. You both suck."

"Girl, please. You are not," Freya argued.

That's when Gabriella rolled her eyes and made her way to the kitchen to grab a snack. Her older brother and his best friend followed suit. Storm grabbed a bag of chips, sat down on the chair and threw one leg over the other on the table then began munching on the chips.

"You keep raiding our kitchen, we're going to be out of food one of these days."

Storm didn't pay any regard to him, continuing to snack on her chips. Snatching some from her, Gabriella too started eating. However, Storm wasn't very happy that she stole her food. She tried to get them back from her but Gabriella had already ate them all.

"Hey, those were mine!"

"Not really," Gabriella said between chewing, "it's my home and I'm pretty sure I bought those. If anything, you just stole my chips. You should be thanking me for allowing you to eat them."

She huffed. "Stop making sense."

"It's okay, Stormie. I forgive you, you may have the bag of chips."

Grimacing, Storm distastefully said, "Stormie. I hate that nickname."

"Oh, and why is that little Stormie?"

"Shut up."

Gabriella smirked, finding a newfound confidence around Storm that she didn't always have, "yeah? Make me."

It came to bite her in the ass when Storm shoved a
sock into her mouth. Where she found it, Gabriella didn't want to know. She gagged, spitting it out and promptly going to the faucet to scrub off her tongue and rinse her mouth.

"That's nasty," she spat.

"Karma is a bitch."

"No, but you are."

Joey laughed in the background, she had forgotten he was there. "Nice one, Gab." He high-fived her as Storm rolled her eyes.

"C'mon, I'm not a bitch," Storm countered, quirking an eyebrow.

She wasn't, but Gabriella pretended she was anyway to tease her, "you sure about that?"