Stonghenge & Dinner

Start from the beginning

The car ride to Stonehenge is filled with screaming songs that come on the radio and lots of giggling. When Lizzie tells me we are close my attention is out the window trying to see anything. We have to walk a bit to get there but when we do I'm in awe. This is so cool. I laugh when I remember Professor Selvig running around here naked and Lizzie gives me a questioning look. I shake my head and tell her to not worry about it. I tell her random facts about the spot and how there are similar circular figures around England that I learned about in a documentary.

"You're adorable." She states simply in response and I look over to her confused. "You love your little facts and research. You've had a fun fact for almost every place we've visited and I think its so endearing." She explains further and I blush. She grins and kisses my cheek before we continue to wander around.

"Remember the Spongehenge episode of Spongebob? Where the holes in his rock formations created music?" I question and surprisingly she knows what I'm talking about. "There's kind of a low hum here if you listen closely."

"I think you made that up." she teases.

"No really, listen as the wind picks up." I stop moving and point to my ear encouraging her to listen. She closes her eyes and the wind picks up creating a low hum. Her eyes open when she hears it and the adorable look on her face makes me melt. I kiss her quickly and continue our wander. Eventually, we head back to the car and continue our concert all the way back to London.

~Later~

I play with the velvet box in my pocket of the suit jacket I now have on. I told Lizzie we are going to a fancy dinner so we are dressed up. I watch as she puts some earrings on and her eyes connect with mine in the mirror. "You okay?" She asks. I nod and smile in response. She walks up to me and gives me a soft kiss making my heart beat faster as usual. She pulls away and smiles. I return her smile and rub my nose against hers before grabbing her hand and pulling her to the door. She slides on her heels and grabs a jacket, then we head out. I grab her hand and we walk to the restaurant in a peaceful silence.

I tell the host my name and we are lead to a table that's kind of secluded thankfully. I pull out Lizzie's chair and push it in as well. She smiles up at me loving that I still do that even if we are already dating. We chat about our random adventures between the moments where the waiter takes our orders. I actually order for myself this time and Lizzie's smirk has a hint of pride in it since I didn't have to ask her how to pronounce anything on the fancy menu. My leg starts to bounce thinking about giving the ring to her and her concerned look tells me she knows I'm nervous about something.

"Baby? Why are you fidgeting?" She asks sweetly, not wanting to make it worse. She holds her hands out over the table and I let go of the box to clasp our hands together. Her thumbs rub over my knuckles and I lift them both to leave kisses on her knuckles.

"I have something for you." I start and she nods, letting me continue sensing I'm not done talking. "I uh. When you gave me my ring I told you I wanted you to have one too. And well, I saved up and I got you one. I want to promise that I will always be patient, honest and trustworthy. I promise to love you even when I'm mad at you and when you are across the country being a talented badass woman. I promise to do my absolute best to make you happy every day. I promise to remind you how amazing you are and how much I love you way too much. Simply put, I promise to love you with all that I am, the best that I can." I ramble. I should have planned out my speech better. I notice her eyes are glassy and I reach into my jacket to get the ring. I open it up and set it on the table in front of her. Her attention shifts to look at it and her hand that's still holding onto mine squeezes in response.

"I uh, it's amethyst. your birthstone." I explain and she nods softly but still doesn't say anything. "Um, is it okay?" I ask since she hasn't said or done anything. She seems to break out of whatever trance she was in and delicately takes the ring out holding it between her thumb and index finger and looks up at me. I pout when I notice a single tear run down her face and reach to wipe it away.

"Can you put it on me?" she asks quietly, her voice crackling a little. I nod and reach to take it between my fingers, holding her right hand in mine. I slip the ring on her finger and its a perfect fit, thank god I got the size right. She bites her lip and gives me a watery smile. I'm taken back about how emotional she's getting and I wipe at her cheeks again.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" I ask.

"Nothing, I'm just really happy and you picked such a beautiful ring. I just love you a lot." She sniffs and move my chair closer to comfort her. "I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm this emotional." She apologizes as I use her napkin to fix her eye makeup.

"No apologizing for your feelings. That invalidates them, my love." I kiss her forehead and move back. She calms down and stares at her finger with a small smile on her face.

"You're the best girlfriend." She states out of nowhere while we eat our food.

"Babe, I'm the only girlfriend you've had." I state confused once I swallow.

"Fine, best partner." She amends and I blush.

"I love you." I state seriously and she looks up to make eye contact. I smile at the small spot of sauce in the corner of her lip and wipe it with my thumb. I suck it off my thumb and she quirks an eyebrow.

"You're getting lucky tonight." She states and I raise an eyebrow.

"I love you too Y/N" I mock since she didn't return my love.

"Babe that's a given." She shrugs and I pout. I give her the silent treatment and ignore any questions or conversation starters she says for the next couple minutes.

She sighs, "Okay, I'm sorry. I love you so much baby." she says seriously and I smile. Much better.

"I accept that I am getting lucky tonight." I nod and she scoffs.

"It wasn't a choice babe." She teases and I blush. Oh, so its going to be that kind of night. I signal for the check and she laughs at my eagerness. I could never get tired of long nights with my soulmate. I smile at the thought and practically drag her back to the flat once I pay. Knowing I would hate it, she doesn't offer to pay thankfully.

The minute the door to the flat closes we start undressing each other forcefully. She gets frustrated with my shirt and ends up pulling the shirt apart, buttons flying off. Okay that was hot. Our kisses are a mess of lips teeth and tongue as we make our way to the bedroom, random articles of clothing left behind as we go. She pushes me down onto the bed and crawls on top of me. She leans down to connect our lips, her hand resting softly on my throat. She pulls away to look into my eyes. "Tonight is all about you, Princess." She states, without room for argument. I nod and gulp my eyes wide but excited. This will be the night I die.

Spoiler alert, I didn't die, but I did pass the fuck out.
______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N I'm falling asleep as I'm finishing this so I hope it makes sense. Let me know what ya think! Y'all, There is over 6k reads. What is happening???