Crook 7: When Time Fails To Heal

Comenzar desde el principio

Liyah's heart was shaking in her chest. Her arm was beginning to hurt. She knew that she needed to get out of here. A part of her told her that Taehyung probably didn't care to see her dance. He just wanted her to know that the other night was real.

"Taehyung you're hurting me." Liyah gritted, staring him in the eye.

Taehyung released her arm the minute he heard that she was hurt. But he didn't step back. He blocked the world out from her. All she could see and smell was him. Liyah was drunk on him and not in a way she would've liked.

Clearing her throat, Liyah looks down at her arm. It was obvious why he sent for her. But she couldn't participate in this little reunion. There was money to make and Liyah couldn't make it while in the presence of Taehyung. The three hundred he gave her just for showing up would be enough to move on with.

"You've changed." Taehyung said, stating the obvious. Liyah didn't look back at him. Of course she had changed.

In a good and bad way. On one hand, she had blossomed into a beautiful woman. Delectable curves, flawless brown skin. She looked healthy. It seemed as if she had been eating right, taking care of herself. But we're the bastards at this club taking care of her? Most likely not. No way would a boss like Bobby treat his employees with the respect they deserved. With the way these customers acted, it was no fucking way these dancers were treated like human beings. With that thought Taehyung knew he couldn't just leave and never return for Liyah. He couldn't leave her in the hands of the devil and not feel guilty about it.

"So? People change, Taehyung." She mumbled. It's what they were supposed to do. He just didn't like her change. He didn't like how she had become so independent, how she was able to move on.

"Listen—"

There was a knock on the door that broke off the rest of Taehyung's sentence. Liyah's heartbeat sped up in her chest. She knew this was out of two people. A security guard or Bobby himself. Liyah prayed to god that it wasn't the latter.

"Hey, you need to wrap this up soon. We need you out on this floor!"

Thank the lord it was a guard.

Taehyung clenched his jaw. They controlled her like she was a dog on a leash. And it seemed as if she jumped to listen all the damn time. What with the way she lifted herself up off the wall and began to walk towards the door. Taehyung was right behind her until he remembered that he was undercover. He couldn't be seen out in the open unless he was trying to leave the red room.

"Liyah just give me a fucking second." Taehyung said rather aggressively. The frustration was getting to him. He couldn't be patient and it seemed as if she didn't want to hear him out.

"Can you stop it?" Liyah said lowly, turning around. Holding her hand up to stop him then and there, other hand on the doorknob.

"Stop coming here. I mean it." Liyah said. She couldn't stop him - a grown ass man - from doing what he wanted to do. But she could stop him from strictly coming after her. She could deny him the attention he wanted.

"Liyah!"

Liyah gulped, closing her eyes for a split second as the security called out again. Even when she closed her eyes she could see him. She could imagine him looking hurt. More than likely feeling betrayed. But he caused this. He helped to build this barrier between them and Liyah didn't see herself breaking it down anytime soon.

"Go back to the life you had without me." Liyah mumbled, opening her eyes but avoiding his face yet again. She turns and opens the door, walking out to be met with the security guard. She forces a smile on her face, acting as if she was so pleased by the outcome of the "dance".

Meanwhile, in the paradise room, Taehyung stood still. Staring at the beaded door as he thought about what she had said.

Go back to the life you had without me.

What she failed to realize was that there was never a life before Liyah. And there could never be a life without her. Even when Taehyung was away from her, the thought of her smile kept him alive. Knowing that he would someday return to her was his motivation. She would be a fool to believe that he could live without her.

But Taehyung supposed that only he himself could be blamed for making her think so. For making her think that he could go so long without thinking of her.

It was all his fault...

-
A/n: it's been awhile..

Only because I had to finish up his forever. And I started my new job so I been focusing on making money because god knows I need it.

Excuse any mistakes. I'm sorry if this is a little bland <3