1 - What's Hot, Porcelain Butt?

Start from the beginning

No way in hell was she going to cry. At least, not in front of the unfaithful because, scoff, she was not going to give her that satisfaction. Someone once told her that cheaters were not worth her tears but she might just spill her eyes out for her sake...later, that is. It would hurt to bottle everything up and her heart was already full of resentments courtesy of her family, who were supposed to love her regardless of who she was and what she chose to do with her life.

Twenty five years was a lot of baggage to handle.

Lauren wasn't sure she had any space for more, even for Felicity Meade, the woman she'd given her heart to even if her self-proclaimed 'cousin-in-law' and roommate, Dinah, had warned her from the very beginning. But Lauren was stubborn, and maybe too trusting or just too thirsty for love that she'd overlooked all those threatening little details about the woman.

Then again, maybe she was just drawn to her beautiful face and alluring hazel eyes. And Lauren was not going to forget about that mouthwatering body.

It was a lethal attraction, and Lauren was bleeding to death.

But how was she going to tell Dinah she was right all along? And how was going to do it without bawling her eyes out?

More importantly, how in the world was she going to hold that woman back if she decided to rearrange Felicity's face? Lauren knew how physically strong Dinah was and how she was no match for that woman.

Oddly enough, she wasn't sure she wanted to stop her this time.

"It's not what it looks like!" Felicity exclaimed with palpable desperation that she was beginning to sound like she was imploring more than declaring. The light in her eyes gave away the fact that she did not even believe herself but she was desperate to save what they had.

The damn sentence almost always meant it definitely is what it looks like.

"I've heard that before." Lauren shot her down with that eerie smile, which was a miracle in itself as her chest was steadily getting heavier, pushing her shoulders down to follow her sunken heart. She tapped her index finger on her chin as if to appear thoughtful and circled it around the pair. "Speaking of words I've heard before, doing it in the chiller where we keep food is unsanitary. You just took filthy to a-whole-nother level. Congratulations, by the way!"

"Lauren," The cheating bitch implored, taking a cautious step towards Lauren.

Someone's throat was cleared, very obnoxiously before Lauren could lift up a hand to discourage her ex-girlfriend's advances. Lauren wasn't sure if that was supposed to attract her attention or not, but it did. Seething green eyes were quick to flit towards the unwanted third-wheel, who could very well be the other wheel to Felicity's unfaithful bicycle after Lauren was done saying her piece.

The moment her eyes landed on him, the man had somehow ducked his head as if a weapon was wielded towards him.

If he knew what was best for him, he should have kept his mouth shut...or throat quiet, for the matter. His loud breaths alone were beginning to irritate Lauren. Hell, his blinking wasn't doing him any good.

Up until that point, Lauren hadn't even spared a glance at the guy in the fear of comparison, which wasn't necessarily the reason, per se. She didn't want to inspect their similarities and differences and find herself at a disadvantage, to find herself as the lesser contender.

Not that she was competing for a cheating woman but for the sake of the argument, sure.

Lauren fought to keep a stoic expression apart from the sharp glare she'd sent him with those knee-weakening eyes of hers and steadily studied him. She dragged her gaze from his disheveled light brown hair glowing against the radiance of the lighting fixture above, the red tie looped around his neck was undone while his black button down wasn't buttoned anymore as well as those slacks that he had just managed to pull up, forgoing his belt that was awkwardly flapping like a boneless limb with his every movement.