Epilogue - Part 3

Start bij het begin

Namjoon never holds back when he speaks of his feelings towards her. He is honest and transparent, never twisting his words and he will let her know that he wants her, always.

Just as much as she does. But Jiwoo sometimes struggles to show it, not that she does not, but not as much as he does.

"Jiwoo, you're spacing out again"

"No, I am not. I am just looking at you"

"And may I ask why you are looking at me like that?", he leans closer, eyes glinting with amusement.

"Because I am wondering why you haven't kissed me yet. I am waiting", she leans even closer, eyes challenging him. "Or do I have to ask you to kiss me thi—"

Namjoon didn't let her finish her words and pressed his lips on her, his hand snaking to the back of her neck holding her close and pressing her deeper into the kiss. He kisses her so gently, but yet, the warmth of his feelings sparks jitter on her skin, alerting her senses as she slowly gets lost in the feels. It happens every single time they kiss. His kisses have always been so soft and tender yet so deep and passionate, making her see all sort of colours in her head as her heart thumps so loudly beneath her tight skin.

His kisses feel magical in a way it feels she is being swoon through the warm air of summer, the gentle breeze gracing her skin in a whimsical-like manner that soothes her insides as it embraces her so tenderly.

Magical. Namjoon is magical. And she loves magic.

And she loves him too.

-

Scanning the quiet hospital lobby, a cup of coffee in hand and a plastic filled with sandwiches and many sorts of energy drinks, Areum lets out another sigh as she rethinks her decision. When her friend—the married one—had called her an hour ago to accompany her and her 3-year-old daughter to the hospital, it took her a while to process they were headed towards this particular hospital.

It was quite late, nearing 8 in the evening when Miyeon, her friend was called into the doctor's room, her cute daughter, Soomi, tucked safely in both of her hands. Miyeon's husband is out of town and she needed moral support. They have been close ever since middle school and Miyeon is the only friend Areum would drop everything just to take a call from her. That is more than enough to explain how much she loves Miyeon.

Waiting at the seating area with Soomi sitting on her lap now, the bag of sandwiches and drinks placed at the side of her, her hand holding on the coffee she bought earlier. The coffee she thought of giving to Doctor Kim but it has been an hour and she couldn't even take out her phone to give him a call.

What a chicken she thought

She feels Soomi softly shifting on her lap, her small hands clasped cutely under her chin as she leans onto her chest, eyes fluttering closed.

"Are you sleepy?"

Soomi nods lazily and she turns her body, her small hands attempting to hug Areum. Areum wanted to wrap her hand around her body and lift her up, remembering how Soomi loves being carried around, coddled in safe arms as she drifts to sleep. So she stands up, one hand gently holding Soomi close to her but then she accidentally lost grip of the coffee when Soomi moves too suddenly.

"Oh shi—"

She watches as her fingers lost their grip on the white paper cup, expecting it to drop onto the floor creating a milky brown mess on the shiny cleaned marble tiles of the hospital floor. But then, it did not.