Articles & Fallon

Start from the beginning

"Can I just wear the same suit I wore for dinner with Scarlett and my birthday?" I plead.

"Yes baby, it looks great on you." She confirms. "I'll wear a black dress to match you." She adds in. I smile. I'm kind of excited, no hint of a freakout in sight so far. She sets her phone down to get dressed, stealing one of my hoodies. "We might get some interesting comments as a result of this interview babe." She warns.

"What do you mean?" I question sitting up.

"Well, people want to know about you. You can share whatever you are comfortable with. Jimmy will probably ask about your age, occupation, and other personal stuff. The age gap will be something media will hold onto." She explains.

I shrug, "Don't care, that's our business and I don't care if anyone has an issue with it."

"Okay, just know if stuff comes out that makes you uncomfy I'll be here to take care of you." She reminds me of her promises.

"I know you will baby. You're with me." I nod.

"I'm with you." She confirms.

~Time skip to Thursday~

Remember when I wasn't freaking out? I'm now freaking out because I'm about to go on Jimmy Fallon in front of people on TV. Lizzie had me do an online media training thing and I barely paid attention but hopefully, I absorbed enough to do okay. Lizzie is currently trying to calm me down.

"Baby, are you going to be okay? You look like you are going to pass out." She states. I'm pacing around backstage, tossing my hair to each side not knowing if it looks better on one side. "Babe. Sit down and stop fidgeting it's going to be okay."

I slump onto the couch next to her and take a deep breath. She grabs my hands rubbing her thumbs across my knuckles. The walk in was fine, I was confident just like the first time, but when I realized there were going to be TV cameras on me the panic started. Lizzie holds my cheeks in her hands and makes me look at her. My body relaxes more and she smiles.

"You are going to be great and I'll be with you the entire time." Someone comes to get us and I take a deep breath. I can do this.

Tonight we have two very special guests, Elizabeth Olsen, and her new girlfriend Y/N!

I hear the applause and Lizzie tugs me out onto the set, her hand clasped in mine. I look around the room to familiarize myself as we make our way to the couch. I shake Jimmy's hand and settle in next to Lizzie. There must be a smile on my face because she looks over at me and smiles. I feel my smile grow wider on my face and wink at her.

J: It is so nice having you two back here! The last time I saw you, Lizzie, Y/N was hiding backstage.

E: She was, a lot has changed since then Lizzie smirks.

J: Oh definitely. How are you doing Y/N?

Me: I'm great, this is so weird but I'm good.

J: Lizzie told you she'd get you on the couch!

I laugh and nod in acceptance

Me: She did, I didn't think it would actually happen though.

J: So, how did this happen? Last time, you said you were just friends Lizzie.

E: We were! What I said was true, but somewhere along to way feelings got involved.

J: So who asked who?

Lizzie looks over to me to see if I would answer.

Me: Well, I made the first move, I told her I had feelings for her on my roof, but Lizzie asked me to be her girlfriend officially in Central Park. It was very romantic.