31-On the case

Reuben's sudden death was absolutely alarming and a total disaster. It left the students paranoid and utterly shocked, all screaming at the sight of his body sprawled like a damaged puppet.

And to make the situation worse, the Papparazzi had been there and had recorded both the party, the blackout, and Reuben's death. News spread faster than a wildfire on social media, and eventually it reached the students' parents, all scared.

While the gym panicked, Oscar erased all thoughts of Meghann and Lea and ushered the crew to follow him out of the building.

"What happened!? Why is our headmaster just lying so suddenly dead on the floor!?" He hissed to the crew.

Lea avoided his stare, still scared at his sudden rage when he'd found out about her foiled up plans.

"How are we supposed to know!? Suppose one of the teachers stabbed him?!" Gasped Nadine, clutching her throat in shock.

"Stabbed him? But that can't be! There wasn't any blood on the floor! Besides, what weapon would the teachers onstage probably use? All their clothes don't have pockets!" Exclaimed Leo.

"What if it was a bullet? At the back?" Meghann spoke.

"If it was a bullet then he would've toppled forward. Maybe it was some sort of disease?" Wondered Lea.

That night, the faculty had to bring out the entire school security agents to guard the students' dorm building, per request of the freaked out parents who'd seen the recorded video.

Penelope, meanwhile, got her personal bodyguards, all bulky and buff as they stood outside her trailer, as she hastily calmed down Teresa, Olice, Lesley, and the cheerleaders, all shivering.

"Ma'am Penelope, what if we're next!?" They cried, all pleading to her.

"Ssh, that won't happen, girls. Trust yourselves, okay? I promise that nothing bad of what happened tonight will happen to you," she soothed, forcing an encouraging smile.

The following morning, parents were banging loudly on the school gates, demanding proper and higher security from the school. After having a full hour conversation, the faculty had managed to shoo them all away and assure them that their chidren were safe.

Odessa wasn't dealing well with Reuben's death either. She'd called Oscar, worried when she saw the video. The moment Oscar had answered it, Odessa had blasted her voice and he had to lower down the volume.

"BROTHER DEAR! Oh Oscar, how are you?! Were you killed too?! Oh heavens me, what if you die too! Oh my goodness, I'll never have a brother ever again! OHHHH AUGHHHHH WHYYY!???"

Oscar rolled his eyes. "If I were dead I wouldn't be talking to you right now."

"Mother and father have asked me to call you! They wanted to fly back here in the United States to get to you, but I told them oh heavens no! They're way back at Singapore and I assured them everything was fine! Enough about them, Oscar. How are you!? What about your crew? Are they all okay? Are you injured? Should I reinforce all my money for security?!" Worried Odessa.

Grumbling, Oscar fixed his hair in the bathroom as he listened to another one of his sister's overdramatic monologues. "Listen, I'm fine! Nobody was injured, okay? My crew has been tasked to solve the case of Reuben and so far--"

"YOU'VE BEEN WHAT!?"

Oscar heaved a sigh. "Oh my god, calm down, I said! Listen, we'll do what we can to help, okay? The faculty are doing their best to secure us and make sure nothing bad will happen. Can you please do me a favor and assure the parents their children are fine?"