23-Love Conflict

Nadine's eyes darted left and right. When all doors in the hallway seemed close, she ran to Zed and Jaiden's doors, sliding a paper underneath each.

After doing her part of the plan, she hid behind a corner with Leo and Carmilla, peeking out.

"Are you sure this'll work?" Nadine asked Carmilla worriedly.

"It will. Its a strategy I use for this kind of problem and it never fails," Carmilla replied.

The door to Zed's apartment opened as he walked out, a bright smile plastered on his face. He didn't see Carmilla, Nadine and Leo as he passed by.

The three of them waited for a few minutes, and hurriedly darted to the car as Nadine drove to the park, which was quite close to the apartment building. Once they found a parking spot, they looked through the car windows and saw Zed waiting on one side of the seesaw.

Meanwhile, Zed was nervously poking his fingers. He'd read Jaiden's note on asking for a truce. Perhaps Nadine's visit did pay off! Now he had a chance on the only girl he truly loved. He couldn't let it go to waste.

Two feet appeared on the grass. He looked up to see Jaiden snarling at him. Zed recoiled in surprise.

"Uhm, I thought you wanted to get along? Why are you snar-"

"ME?! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO WANTS TO GET ALONG AGAIN, NOT ME!!" Blurted Jaiden, taking hold of his shirt collar. She shoved a small, torn piece of paper in his face. Zed hastily smoothed his hair and read the note.

Jaiden, please get along with me. We can do it at the park, just give me a chance.

-Z

He gulped. This was ridiculous, he'd never sent this silly note! Why was she so fumed at it??

But on second thought..whoever sent this to her, had given the chance for him to confess.

He couldn't waste it.

"Not gonna answer huh?! Well, I'm leaving!" Shouted Jaiden. Furious, she stomped away in disgust, only to feel his hand on her arm.

She turned and saw Zed, kneeling towards her and holding on to her.

Their eyes locked, and for the first time, Jaiden didn't want to feel like arguing.

"What do you want from me?" She snarled at him, tugging her arm back.

Zed's eyes watered up. "Why do you hate me so much? I didn't do anything to deserve your hate, did I?"

"Tell me something you did do to not deserve my hate!" Yelled Jaiden, trying to pull away. However, Zed's grip was surprisingly strong, and he was holding on to her like the last lifeboat.

"Jaiden, just... just tell me. Why do you hate me?" 

Tears streamed down his cheeks as he and Jaiden continued looking at each other. Her face softened as she looked at her once best friend, kneeling before her.

Maybe he does deserve a chance, no matter how messed up he is, she thought to herself. Just one, single chance was all it took.

Jaiden looked away. "It just pisses me off how those girls back in school kept flirting with you. They keep tailing you like your shadow, and I don't know what they're after, but I don't like it, whatever it is,"