7-Mannerism

Oscar had his first class with Leo and Nadine, while Lea and Meghann headed off to Communication.

"Mannerism? What manners are they teaching us?" Wondered Nadine.

Suddenly, they saw a faculty member wearing a teacher's uniform. "Freshmen students of Honesty, please follow me to your mannerism class," she declared.

Leo, Oscar, Nadine and twenty seven other students followed the woman to a hall labelled 'Value.'

"Even the halls have fancy names," someone snorted behind Oscar.

They entered a dining room, and Oscar's eyes widened at the sight of it. This was a...a classroom!?

Its designs were very fancy and white; so much white it almost blinded Oscar. He looked at his fellow classmates who were also amazaed at such a clean classroom.

But when Oscar looked at Nadine, she didn't seem as surprised as him or Leo nor the other students.

Maybe she's used to it, Oscar thought to himself.

"Welcome to Mannerism," said the teacher, walking to the front of the class. She had aged cheekbones and pepper-and-salt colored hair, but she looked gorgeous despite being a middle aged woman.

"I am Professor Guinevere, your Mannerism Professor," she eyed all of them sternly. "For this quarter, you will all be learning proper etiquette, as to not make a mess of yourself during fancy dinners,"

She eyed them again. "What, you're all just going to stand there like sitting ducks?"

The students proceeded to walk to seats--

"What do you all think you're doing?!"

Everyone looked up at her, confused.

"You cannot sit down until you are invited to, do you understand?"

All the students nodded. Oscar wiped his neck nervously.

Professor Guinevere cleared her throat and reached out a gloved hand to the table. "Take a seat,"

As to not get scolded, everyone took seats beside the people they knew. Oscar, Nadine and Leo all sat beside each other.

The classroom door opened and fifteen butlers entered the room, holding trays of kettles, teacups, and sugar.

"Unacceptable," murmured Professor Guinevere. The students gaped at her in confusion once again.

"No butler shall give you tea if you all do not sit properly," she declared.

At once, Oscar and his classmates arranged themselves as the professor walked around them like a hungry shark. In her hand was a long, rod, which Oscar assumed was for pointing.

He was wrong.

The professor smacked a girl's shoulder with the rod. "Never put your thigh on the other. Put an ankle behind your ankle and adjust your skirt,"

The girl gulped.

"You, hands off the table," she scolded an african boy, who took his hands off the table in a flash.