Steve Joined The Army! WTF!

Thanks so much for reading! I am so grateful for everyone who has read my book and I hope that you love it.

~Grace

Melissa's pov

I was with Steve and we were seeing Bucky off on his ship. There were tears in my eyes as we said our farewells. I didn't want Bucky to leave. I knew that his group were going into enemy lines and there was a chance that they would be captured.

I decided that I was going to let my thoughts dwell on things that were good, right, and true. I wasn't going to let my fears get the best of me.

"Well, I've got to leave. Steve, don't be a punk while I'm gone.", Bucky told him sternly.

"I'll try, but I can't promise anything, jerk.", Steve smirked.

"Boys, let's be nice.", I scolded. Bucky turned to me and kissed me soundly. I was breathless when Bucky finally released me.

"You trying to suffocate your girlfriend over there, Buck?", Steve said, amused.

"Nope.", Bucky said with a grin. I rolled my eyes and I flung my arms around Bucky's neck.

"You better come back to me, Buck.", I said sternly.

"How could I leave my best girl?", Bucky smiled. He kissed me again before setting me down. He picked up his small satchel and saluted to us. Steve and I saluted back.

"Goodbye Steve. Try to find the one when I come back.", Bucky said with a wink.

"I hope so.", Steve said, scuffing his shoes in the gravel.

Bucky turned to me, "I love you, Melissa May Montgomery.". I was surprised by Bucky's proclamation of love that I felt the tears well in my eyes.

"I love you too, James Buchanan Barnes.", I said just as sincerely. I smiled when I saw the joy leap into Bucky's eyes. Bucky smiled before walking away to the ship. When he boarded it, he stood on the deck and waved as the loud horn sounded.

He stood on the deck waving until the ship was out of sight. Steve and I stood watching the ship, and when we couldn't see it anymore, we turned to go home. When we reached Steve's apartment, I asked him, "Are you going to be okay?".

"I don't know. But at least I have you.", Steve smiled bleakly.

I gave him a hug, "We've got to be strong for Bucky.", I rubbed his back before kissing him on the cheek. I patted his cheek before saying good-bye, and I turned away. I walked down the steps and I looked both ways before crossing the street.

I walked to Dr. Erskine's secret lab slash library. I walked inside and made sure that there was no one else in the building. The woman at the front desk came around and said, "Wonderful weather this morning, isn't it?", saying the codeword.

"Yes, but I always carry an umbrella.", I replied. She pushed a button and the book shelf opened up. I walked in and saw Dr. Erskine setting working on some paperwork. He looked up and smiled.

"Found the one yet?", I asked with a smirk.

"Actually I have.", he said without even looking up.