Beach Day, Baby!

Thanks for reading and sticking with me so far! This chapter will be much better than before. And by the way, this chapter is a continuation of last chapter. It is going to be a beach day!

~Grace

Melissa's pov

"Hey Melissa! Romeo said that he is closing up shop even thought it's only 10:30 A.M. His wife is having a baby! Isn't that exciting? Well, I was thinking that since his was closing that we should go to the beach. It is about 15 minutes away, and we still have almost the entire day!", Chloe said.

"What about our swimsuits? All of us are going to have to go home and get them! That could take at least an hour. And by the time we reach the beach, we would've missed when the sun was at its peak.", Gloria said, asking the question that was on every ones mind.

"Don't worry. We can purchase some when we get there! Along with the other supplies!", Chloe assured us.

"Ooh, I am so excited to get my tan on!", I exclaimed. I ran into the kitchen and practically ripped my apron off. I threw it carelessly threw onto it's hook. I grabbed my purse, and ran back into the dining area. "Guys, I'm going to ask Bucky and Steve if they want to come along, alright?".

Chloe snicked, "Of course! Your future soulmate Bucky and I'm guessing that Steve is his friend, may come along.". I rolled my eyes but thanked her anyways.

As I walked out the door I overheard Miranda, Tiffany, and Jayla say that they couldn't come. I just shrugged and ran across the street to where Bucky and Steve worked as stockers for the local farmers market.

"Hey Bucky! Steve! Wanna come to the beach with us?", I called out. Bucky and Steve's heads came up. Bucky smiled warmly and came around one of the stands that he was working at. "Yeah sure, sounds good.", Bucky said as he took his apron off and flung over the stand onto the ground.

Steve did the same and then came around the stand at which he was working at. He smiled and nodded. When I took full notice of Steve's body, I realized that he was very skinny and frail. I don't know why I didn't notice it before. Maybe I was too traumatized to pay much attention. It seemed like Steve had been a sickly boy all his life. 

I felt my heart swell when I realized that Bucky had chosen to be best friends with someone like Steve. Steve must be somethin special for a man like Bucky to be his best friend. And I don't mean that in a mean way. 

"There won't be enough room in Chloe's car, and you guys will have to get swimsuits, so we are going to go ahead and leave and we'll meet you there. Okay.", I said and then ran back down the street.

I ran back into the cafe and found that only Chloe and Gloria were there now. They were getting some last minute things done in the cafe and getting their purses.

"Gloria, have you seen my purse? I can't seem to find it anywhere!", I heard Chloe say from the bathroom.

"Check in the laundry room! And why are you always losing stuff anyways?", I said.

"Oh, I don't know! I just-", Chloe started to say but was cut off by Jayla who decided to join in the fun of teasing Chloe. "You just don't take care of anything that you own?", Jayla said in feigned harshness, with her hands on her hips.

Chloe stuck her head out of the laundry room and glared fiercely at Jayla. I'm not joking, if looks could kill, Jayla would be dead right now. Chloe said slowly, "No, I do take care of things, I just sometimes misplace things.".