Can Steve's Mischief Bring Two People Together?

Thanks for staying with me. Please give me feedback and tell  your friends about my book! By the way, this chapter is going to be super funny. And there is going to be a little surprise, but I won't even going to give you a hint. ;)

~Grace

Melissa's pov

I have known Bucky and Steve for several months now. When I first met Bucky, I thought that he flirted with me because he liked me. But I soon found out that wasn't the case.

I realized that Bucky did that with a lot of women. Then I realized that he just saw me as a friend and nothing more. Not that it bothered me though. Anyways, I did become best friends with Bucky and Steve quickly. Steve once told me, "Bucky and I were a perfect duo, but now we are an even better trio.".

I had smiled at that. I was presently sitting at my kitchen table, drinking coffee. It was about 5:00 in the afternoon. I was planning on maybe going out, but couldn't make up my mind. I was looking out my window, watching the streets buzz with people. I remember when I first moved to Brooklyn, the constant noise bothered me some. But now, I love it. 

I sighed and remembered that I didn't check the mail yesterday. I groaned and got out of my chair. Wait, maybe there's a letter from my brothers. Well, that's something to be excited about. I snatched my keys and flew out the door.

I ran down the hallway, my heels clicking furiously. Clarice was filing paperwork and her head snapped up. She raised an eyebrow in question.

"I am excited because I might have a letter from my brothers who live in Hawaii.", I explained.

"Oh, okay then, never mind.", Clarice shrugged. She turned away and went into a back room. I quickly walked towards the square metal box with the name 'Montgomery, Melissa' labeled on the front.

I put my key inside and turned it. I squealed in excitement when I saw a letter inside. I took it out and I pressed it to my chest like it was something precious. Well, it is precious. Getting letters from a place halfway across the world is not something that you can get every day.

I ran back to my apartment and quickly closed the door. Quietly though, unlike the last time, I received a letter from them. I locked the door. I sailed over to my table and opened the letter. My eyes started to scan the page.

Dear Melissa,

We hope that you are doing well. We have some exciting news!

Bella and I's baby is born! It is a beautiful baby girl, weighing just 6 pounds and 3 ounces. We named her Melissa after her Aunt that she is going to meet very, very soon. I hope at least.

Just pray that the rumors about the Japanese planning attacks here aren't true and that they stop soon. They aren't letting anyone off the ships unless it's a family emergency. At least I was able to be there when my baby girl was born.

I cried tears of joy when I got to hold her. She looks just like her mama, with a little bit of me, and just a tinge of you, Melissa. She was brunette-colored hair, blue-green eyes, and a heart-shaped face.

She is such a joy! I can't wait for you to meet her. Oh, Bella and George send their love. I almost forgot, Melly (that's her nickname), says hello as well. As soon as the rumors quiet down, we are shipping out to Brooklyn, New York!

All our love,

George, Bella, Simon, and Melly