𝟎𝟐: 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲

Start from the beginning

"Will the tiger really show up here?" Atsushi mutters.

You and dazai sternly state that it will.

Atsushi's breath hitches.

"Even if it shows up, it's no match for me." Dazai continues to stare at the suicide guide book in his hands. You nod at Dazai's words, agreeing, even though Atsushi probably can't see you. "I may not look like much, but I am an operative of the Armed Detective Agency."

"Same with me Atsushi-kun, you're in safe hands," You murmur at the boy while crossing your arms, shivering slightly at the cold temperature.

"You're both really confident. I'm kind of jealous. They called me a good-for-nothing at the orphanage as far back as I can remember. And now, I don't even know where I'll sleep tonight or whether I'll be able to earn my keep tomorrow. No one'd care if someone like me were to die in a ditch somewhere. Yeah, I may be better off eaten by a tiger..." Atsushi puts his head in between his legs as your scowl deepens.

You felt bad for him.

"Atsushi-kun..." You say as the wind outside howls.

Dazai just stares at you for a second before blushing slightly, knowing that you're a lot more caring than he is, already noticing how quick you're adapting to your new and nicer lifestyle.

"Well, then... I think it'll be soon." Dazai declared.

A loud bang sounded from far away.

You didn't jump nor move, already knowing the plan and action of course.

"What?!" Atsushi shrieks, falling off his crate, "I.. I just heard something back there."

"Yeah." Dazai closes his book as you begin to see things more clearly since the moon is shining brighter.

"I bet that's the tiger, Dazai-san!" Atsushi yells, terrified. He said Dazai but looks towards you for reassurance, probably trusting you the most since you seem very calm and pretty to him most of the time.

"Don't worry it was just the wind that knocked something down," You send him a smile.

He mellows down slightly before the wind picks up and there's another small bang."It's the man-eater! It's come to eat me!"

"Calm down, Atsushi-kun," Dazai calmly addresses the situation, "Tigers don't show up from places like that."

"How do you know that for sure?!" Atsushi continued to panic as you bask in the moon light, not really caring about the matter at hand right now.

Dazai explained how Atsushi's situation was weird and strange, why would they banish an orphan from only a tiny dent in their deficit?

"It just doesn't add up." You say, agreeing with Dazai, standing up from your crate and jumping down to Atsushi's level.

Both you and Dazai stare at a shocked Atsushi Nakajima, not understanding what's happening."What are you guys talking about?"

"You see," You take the lead, folding your arms together, "When you came to this city two weeks ago, the tiger appeared here too. You were also in the Tsujimura area four days ago. The tiger was also sighted there four days ago."

Dazai let out an airy laugh, continuing. "Do you remember what Y/n said? The Armed Detective Agency is comprised of individuals with supernatural powers."

Atsushi slowly transformed into the man-eating tiger as Dazai continued: "Though not a well-known fact, there are quite a few individuals who possess supernatural abilities in this world. some use their powers to achieve great success, while others fall into ruin as a result of being unable to control their powers. I'm guessing that the orphanage staff knew who the tiger was, but declined to enlighten you. You were the only one who remained ignorant. You also have supernatural powers."