Sneaking Around Sukuna

Sneaking in and out has always come easy to Mahito. Even the most highly guarded, complex mazes felt like cakewalks. In spite of that, infiltrating Sukuna's estate took a fair bit of concentration and caution on his part.

Having made it to the garden undetected by Sukuna's legion of servants, Mahito found himself being unable to enter the mansion.

"Oh well, I'll just peer from the outside," Mahito whispered to himself in an easy-going manner.

He perched himself on the nearest tree and tried to get as close to the windows as possible. The tree branch was damp and slithery under his feet because of the evening rain. As he leaned in closer towards the window, he felt his toes slipping off but he quickly regained his balance by leaning back on the tree trunk.

"That was close," he sighed in relief. If he had actually come into contact with any part of the mansion, it would immediately alert Sukuna. If Sukuna found Mahito lurking around, Mahito would be dead before he could even blink.

The risky position on the tree however, paid off as Mahito took notice of something in the room he was spying on. Jewelry in all shapes and colours, an inviting array of candles and freshly laid linen sheets. This certainly does not look like Sukuna's room or the room of any other man who's in Sukuna's estate.

It must be the new person who's living with Sukuna, Mahito recalled what Geto told him. Before he could control himself, a wicked giggle burst out of his throat. Heavy rain began to pour all around him.

"Looks like Lord Sukuna got himself a wife," he grinned.

***

It's been two days since you and Sukuna returned from the cottage. During this time, you tried everything in your power to become invisible. You took your meals in your room, buried yourself in books and even wrote letters to your hometown, which were posted by Miwa.

This didn't stop Sukuna from coming by your room both nights. But you were successful at acting asleep as soon as you heard his footsteps. All of this avoiding started because a twisted part of your brain began to enjoy how roughly he groped at you. Which is why you desperately wished to be invisible. Spending more time around him would drive you insane.

"Hey! I'm back with some of the letters from back home," Miwa entered your room with a warm smile.

She hasn't tried to pry about what took place at the cottage but has treated you more gently for the past 2 days, as if she had connected the dots on her own. Presently, she held a handful of envelopes slightly damp from the cool, rainy mist outside.

Placing them on your lap, she took off to cook lunch. Once you heard the door click behind her, you began shuffling through the letters; most of them from old man Katsura, some from old classmates and one from Nanami.

Your eyeballs almost bulged out of your sockets as you exclaimed, "Nanami?!"

Quickly and roughly, you tore open the envelope and pushed the other letters aside for now. You glanced endearingly at his neat, sophisticated handwriting for a moment before reading.

'Dear Y/N,

It really hasn't stopped raining huh? It's a shame because you look so beautiful in the summer. Amazing how you can shine brighter than the sun.

Let's meet for dinner soon. I want to talk future plans.

Sincerely,
Kento Nanami'

You clutch the letter closer to your heart, as if trying to bask in his sincerity and maturity. Although you've never felt any romantic feelings towards him before, simply hearing from him brightened your spirits.

In the next few seconds however, the warmth you felt from Nanami's letter vanished as a horrifyingly cold chill engulfed you. From the distance, you heard slow footsteps coming towards your room.

This has happened enough times for you to know it is Sukuna, although you could never get used his sinister aura. But snapping out of your trance, you jumped to your feet and anxiously looked around to stow away the letters.

Sukuna knows that you've been writing letters to people back home but you weren't sure how he'd react to Nanami's letter if he saw it. It's best to get all letters out of his sight for now.

Thus, you dashed into your walk-in-closet and pulled down the straw basket placed upon one of the shelves. Dumping all of the letters in the basket and putting it back on top, you picked up a coat hanger and pretended to be busy organizing clothes.

Just as you did that, you heard the click and turning of the door. Glancing back, you saw Sukuna casually leaning on the entrance to the walk-in closet, wearing his usual white kimono.

"You know, I really don't like it when people ignore me. It's disrespectful," he started blankly.

You struggled to meet his eyes, still rattled from hiding a flirty letter 5 seconds ago. "I didn't mean to-"

"I'm really not patient, especially not with a human woman," he began inching closer to you, his eyes glowing red in a cold, muted anger.

The sharpness in his eyes made you feel like prey and at the moment, you wanted to throw up and run away at the same time. You couldn't help but move back as he closed the gap between you.

With your legs feeling as unstable as jelly, you backed up until you hit the wardrobe. Seeing that you're perfectly trapped, Sukuna lifted one of your legs, wrapping it around him with ease and came even closer.

His lips hovered over yours but you titled your head away in a fast motion. In doing so, your head banged against the wardrobe in a loud, shattering manner.

The weight of both your bodies against the wardrobe, combined with the banging of your head tipped the straw basket over. The letters that you had kept in the basket came tumbling down and landed at Sukuna's feet.

He looked down; you never hid your letters before and it was definitely suspicious. He reached down and picked up an envelope.

As he turned it around to look at the who the letter came from, you desperately hoped it would be one from old man Katsura.

Instead, you heard Sukuna's low voice state "Kento Nanami."

A/N: how are u guys doing? Haven't heard from some of you in a while! But thank you for being so supportive, you guys are the best!!