Chapter One Hundred & Three

Start from the beginning

"Is everything okay with you? You look more than tired."

"I'm fine, make me some food, I'm hungry."

Nera hummed in agreement and walked out of the way, letting Nakai into the room. When Nakai finished washing his body clean of everything, he walked into the spare room and laid on the bed. Nera hadn't come back with his food so Nakai rested for a bit but ended up falling asleep. Nera walked into the living quarters with a cart of food since he didn't know how hungry Nakai was but when he knocked on the door, he found there was no answer. Nera pushed the door open slowly and heard Nakai snoring, Nera knew he must've been in a deep sleep since Nakai hadn't woken up when there was a knock at the door. Nera walked into the room quietly and pulled a blanket over Nakai before stepping out, leaving the food under their covers for when Nakai was ready to get up.

What no one was expecting though, was for Nakai to sleep for two days straight, Wang Lei wanted to burst into the room to get him up since Wang Bao was waiting for him but Nera stopped him before that could happen. When Nakai finally did wake up, he looked more like his usual self. After Nakai was dressed, he left the room and ate, then followed Wang Lei to the medical area in the palace. The doctor had already been informed about Nakai's presence in the palace and he was waiting for them in the reception area. His voice chipper for once as he looked at Nakai.

"Long time no see, how is that temper of yours?"

"Don't test me."

Nakai wasn't in the mood for games or jokes with people since all he was here for, was to see Wang Bao. The doctor grunted to himself since he was expecting an answer like that then pointed to the door behind him.

"He's awake and waiting for you, it'll just be the two of you in there."

"How long until he doesn't need any of this? When can I take him home?"

Wang Lei had been asking the same thing every time he visited Wang Bao and the doctor was getting sick of repeating himself.

"We need to observe how he acts around you and if anything is triggered. He's made a lot of progress but all of that could mean nothing when he sees you again."

"...Fine."

Nakai walked to the door with nothing more to say, the doctor tried to stop him to give him another warning of his attitude but Wang Lei stopped him. As to not scare Wang Bao, Nakai knocked on the door lightly then pushed it open, this action alone surprised the doctor. When Nakai walked into the room, he closed the door behind him and looked around, Wang Bao appeared to not be in the room. Nakai was about to fly into a rage at the doctor when he heard the door across the room open, Wang Bao opened it nervously and looked at Nakai.

":I-I was just washing my face."

Seeing Wang Bao made Nakai feel as if all the air and life had been returned to his body and he went to walk over to Wang Bao in a rush to pick him up. When Wang Bao saw Nakai walk a couple steps closer he held his hand up and stopped Nakai from getting closer to him.

"I've had a lot of time to think about everything. I ...I'm sorry, I hurt Hera and also hurt you by doing that."

Wang Bao sniffled a little as he tried to get through the speech he had obviously prepared but was struggling. Nakai continued moving to Wang Bao and knelt in front of him once they were close enough. He could see Wang Bao had lost a lot of weight in the five months that they had been apart, Wang Bao's cheeks were sunken in while his limbs were practically bone. Nakai could see Wang Bao was still trying to talk but was struggling greatly, Nakai reached up and cradled Wang Bao's face before talking in a soft tone.