Chapter Ninety Six

Just as Sea Queen announced Queen Mother's death, Wang Bao couldn't hold it in anymore and screamed. His body had never felt so much pain in his life, his insides felt as if they were being ripped apart slowly. Sea Queen began to call out for Mr Liu to see where the doctor and Nakai were but she didn't get an answer. Just when she thought no one would be able to help her get Wang Bao to a better room for birth, the door was pushed open again. Wang Xei was breathless as he walked over to Wang Bao. Sea Queen had never met Wang Xei before but had heard many things from the late King. She caught Wang Xei's hands before he could touch Wang Bao and narrowed her eyes.

"How did you know?"

"Mr Liu called me, Nakai wasn't picKing up. We need to hurry because the doctor is waiting"

Wang Bao didn't care about anything aside from the pain in his body but when he heard Nakai wasn't here, he tried to force his body to stand up. However, his back struggled to hold his weight and Wang Bao fell forward. Wang Xei wasn't quick enough this time and Wang Bao's belly landed on the edge of the sofa. Both Sea Queen and Wang Xei rushed down as Wang Bao let out a blood curdling scream. Before anything else could happen to Wang Bao, Wang Xei picked him up from the ground as if he weighed nothing and walked out of the room. Sea Queen was right behind Wang Xei, calling Nera since there was no answer on Nakai's end. Nera wasn't picKing up either so Sea Queen called Wang Lei only to get the same dial tone. In the end her anger was bubbling over and she called Old LIu. Finally the phone was answered and she shouted unknowingly from the high tension.

"Where is Nakai?!"

"Th-They're arriving now, His Majesty collapsed."

Sea Queen had no time to think about Wang Lei and spoke firmly before hanging up.

"Wang Bao's in labour, tell Nakai to move it."

Just as Sea Queen hung up they arrived at where the birthing would happen. The medical room was ready with a bed to wheel Wang Bao in but he refused to go through to surgery. Although he felt on the verge of blacKing out from the pain, Wang Bao forced his voice to be loud enough to be heard.

"I want Nakai...I'm not doing anything until he gets here."

The doctor walked into the room just as he heard Wang Bao and stopped to look at Wang Xei.

"Nakai isn't here? Where is he!?"

Wang Bao clenched his jaw as a rough bout of tearing pain ran down his belly, his hands gripped the bars on either side of his bed while muffled screams came out of him. The doctor no longer showed interest in Nakai as he wheeled his equipment to the bed. He had nurses waiting for his call both in the surgery room and in the room everyone else was in. While pulling out a long needle, the doctor spoke to Wang Bao in the calmest voice he had.

"We're going to sit you up and inject you with something that will numb you from the waist down, I can wait a little for Nakai but if we wait too long, you risk the baby moving down the birth canal."

"O-Okay."

With a wave of his hand, three nurses came over and helped the doctor maneuver Wang Bao into a sitting position with his legs hanging off the edge of the bed. With a flash of movement, the nurses had removed Wang Bao's robe and dressed him with a hospital gown. Sea Queen and Wang Xei were waiting anxiously as they watched the doctor insert the long needle into Wang Bao's back. Because of the intense pain he had already gone through, Wang Bao could barely feel anything as light as an injection in his spine. A tail of a thin tube hung out of Wang Bao's spine and a solution that would paralyze Wang Bao was injected. Just as Wang Bao felt relief over his body, Nakai burst through the door with Nera and a pale Wang Lei behind him.