Chapter One Hundred & Seventeen

Rara was shouting at Wang Bao to make Karo better while Wang Lei ran over, before Wang Bao could try and do more to help, Wang Lei was out the door. He ran past Nera and Nakai without saying anything, Nera looked at Nakai before running into the room. Wang Bao and Rara were trying to rush after Wang Lei while Hera was beginning to cry again, when Nakai and Nera stopped the two of them. Nakai wiped Wang Bao's face from the tears as he tried to get an answer, Wang Bao was still trying to get past while explaining in a shaky voice.

"I-I don't know what happened, he j-just went blue and I-I couldn't' do anything to s-stop it."

Rara was being calmed by Nera when he shouted at Nakai, his tears still streaming down his face.

"It was the food! Someone poisoned him!"

As soon as Nera heard that, he passed Rara to Nakai and ran out of the room. With a room full of angry and sad people, Nakai walked over to Hera and picked her up so he could calm the two children down while Wang Bao paced around the room, working on calming himself down before calling Mr LIu to come to the room. As soon as he heard what had happened to Karo, Mr Liu was on his knees. His old voice was hoarse as he swore on both Old Liu's and his own life that he didn't know. Wang Bao already knew Mr Liu was too weak to do something like that and swiftly made him stand up. With Nakai in the bedroom, Wang Bao ordered Mr LIu to find all the kitchen staff and keep them from leaving their station as well as bring Wang Xei to see him. Mr Liu listened to everything with red eyes before running out of the room to get his orders completed. As soon as Wang Xei heard what had happened, he put an official lockdown on the palace as well as a secret patrol in the royal city. Since Karo was an official child of Wang Lei, and Wang Bao had been present when the attack had occurred, this was seen as a big deal.

Once Wang Xei had made the orders, he went to Wang Bao's room where they were not allowed to leave. When he entered the room, Nakai was with Wang Bao since Rara and Hera had fallen asleep. Wang Bao explained what happened again before Nakai took over, mentioning his suspicions with the old doctor. Wang Bao hadn't been told about this yet and when he heard what Nakai said, he stood up, his voice loud as he shouted at Nakai.

"You knew something like this could happen?! Why didn't you tell me?! You promised me you wouldn't hide things from me."

Nakai knew that and he really did want to tell Wang Bao as soon as he found out but Wang Lei had twisted his arm, Nakai couldn't say that though so he only took the scolding. Wang Bao looked at Nakia with a look of hurt before leaving the room, he didn't go into the bedroom since the children were sleeping so he could only walk out of his living quarters. Nakai went to stop him but Wang Xei stood in front of him, pressing his hand against his shoulder to push Nakia back. When Nakai felt Wang Xei push him back, his arm swung out and Wang Xei was shoved against the wall. Wang Xei swiftly ducked as Nakai threw a punch then whacked the side of Nakai's head, his voice playful with a hint of ridicule.

"You're taking your anger out on me? Since I know what's going on now, that doctor is of no more use. Let's just hope she hasn't been able to get whatever drug she has made out of the palace."

Wang Xei didn't say anymore or stay any longer as he walked out to see Wang Lei, Nakai rubbed his face with angry hands before slamming the door shut but before the lock could latch, he caught the door and closed it quietly so the children wouldn't be woken up. Nakai collected himself quickly before walking into the bathroom where he took a cold shower.

. . . . . . . . .

When Wang Bao walked out of the room, he wandered around the palace angrily before stopping to sit on a bench, his feet were beginning to ache and swell from all the walking he had done. Wang Bao brought both feet up onto the bench so he could massage them when he heard someone walking down the hallway. Wang Bao stood up from the bench to see who was coming since he thought it might be Nakai but when he looked to his left then right, there was no one to be seen. Wang Bao felt a sudden urge to run when he saw no one since he was certain he heard footsteps nearby. With the feeling growing, Wang Bao turned back to where he had come from and cupped his belly while running. Because he had to cradle his belly while running, Wang Bao couldn't move as fast as he usually could. As soon as he started running, Wang Bao could hear hurried footsteps behind him, they were much faster than his struggling steps and soon the sound was right behind him, as if on the back of his neck. Before the person behind Wang Bao could do anything, Wang Bao dropped to his knees and slid along the tiled floor, he was able to spin around easily and lept back up to shove the person away with his shoulder. Wang Bao made a quick stomp to the persons privates to make sure they wouldn't follow him before he took off running again.