Chapter Ninety Seven

The doctor prohibited people from visiting Wang Bao and the baby for almost a whole week, even Wang Lei who was King wasn't allowed into the room. His reasoning was because Wang Bao had just gone through an extremely invasive surgery and needed time to heal before he could see other people, the baby also had to get used to her own parents' germs before she could be exposed to others. Nakai during this time felt on edge, he was nervous about Wang Bao and how he would react to the face of their daughter.

When Wang Bao held the baby for the first time, Nakai was sure to pay close attention to Wang Bao's eyes since most of his emotions were shown in them, most of the swelling had gone from the baby's face which only made her features stand out more. Wang Bao held their baby like he was shown by the nurse as he fed her with the bottle. Wang Bao could feel Nakai looKing at him and he was also aware that the baby in his arms resembled his Mother to a T. Having Nakai look at him so intensely made Wang Bao control his emotions but this only confirmed Nakai's suspicions. By the end of the week Nakai could see Wang Bao was getting worse emotionally but every time he tried to discuss it, Wang Bao would play it off as being tired. When they were finally allowed visitors, the first people through the door were Wang Lei and Nera, followed closely behind by Wang Xei. There was clear tension between Nakai and Wang Xei but neither one acted upon it. Wang Bao was surprised to see Wang Lei had lost weight since he last saw him and could see he hadn't been getting much sleep as well. When Lei walked over to the baby that was sleeping in her bed beside Wang Bao's bed, he froze just like Nakai had. He whispered under his breath but everyone in the room could hear him.

"She looks like Mother."

Wang Bao nodded quietly but didn't say anything, when food was delivered for everyone, both Wang Bao and Wang Lei didn't touch it, maKing Nakai and Nera nervous. Wang Xei looked to be the only carefree person and he snacked on the cold meat. When he grew tired of the tense and awkward silence, he wiped his mouth before talking.

"Let me guess, you regret executing Mother, Lei? And you think your child is the reincarnation of Mother, Bao?"

By the look on both of his Brother's faces, Wang Xei knew he guessed right. Nakai and Nera looked at Wang Xei as if to warn him to back down but the man carried on.

"Don't regret anything, the woman was crazy and deserves whatever bad treatment she gets in life and death."

Wang Lei obviously didn't want to talk about it but Wang Xei didn't care. He wanted his Brother's to face the truth, even if it was harsh. As for Wang Bao thinking their Mother had been reborn into the baby, he wanted to laugh but Nakai was standing in front of him before he could let out another sound. Nakai's voice was harsh but quiet as leaned towards Wang Xei.

"I would think carefully about what you say next."

Wang Xei wasn't intimidated by Nakai and replied to him in an equally dark voice.

"How long do you think Bao has before he breaks? You need to deal with it now, head on. You don't think I know about his violent outbursts? You have a child now, do you really want to wait and see what happens?"

"That won't happen."

Wang Xei scoffed and walked away towards the door, as he opened the door Wang Xei looked back at his two Brothers.

"Don't let that bitch have power over the both of you anymore, you two are stronger than that and deserve better."

The room was silent after Wang Xei's departure, his words made Nakai's chest itch, a feeling he hadn't felt in a while. Wang Lei seemed to take on Wang Xei's words and his eyes held a bit more life while Wang Bao hadn't changed. The doctor came in not long after and felt the gloomy atmosphere in the room, he could see Wang Bao wasn't his usual self and pulled Nakai out of the room to talk with him.