9: The Fight In The Elevator & Tesseract Heist

Tony and Macy circle around the descending service elevator crowded with Rumlow's STRIKE team.

"Okay Cap. I made ten of them just passing the 80th floor." Macy said into the com.

"Got it Macy. Head to the lobby." Steve told Macy and Tony.

"Already on our way." Macy and Tony said in unison.

The elevator

Sitwell, Rumlow and the STRIKE team descend.

"Evidence secured, we are en route to Dr. List...No, no hitches at all Mr. Secretary..." Agent Sitwell says on his phone.

The elevator stops, and the doors open and Steve gets in.

"Captain I thought you were coordinating search and rescue?" Sitwell asks Steve and he glances at him.

"Change of plans." Steve says to the other Agent and he nodded his head, and Rumlow is holding the scepter, and then he slowly starts putting the pieces together.

"Cap." Brock says.

"Rumlow." Steve says and the doors close and everyone rides in silence, and the tension mounts in the enclosed space.

"I got a call from the Secretary's office. I'm going to be running on the scepter." Steve says to Sitwell, behind him Sitwell and Rumlow exchange a glance at each other.

"Sir? I don't understand-" Sitwell said before he got interrupted by Steve.

"We've had word there might be an attempt to steal it." Steve said to Sitwell, and he reaches for the scepter but Rumlow has a firm grip on it.

"Afraid we can't allow that, Cap." Rumlow said.

"I'll have to check with the Director-" Sitwell said and he pulled out his phone.

"No. Trust me. It's okay..." Steve said in a calm voice, and he leaned in drawing them all close, and he whispers: Hail Hydra', and their eyes go wide.

Stark Tower 10th Floor

The elevator opens and Steve steps out with the scepter in his hands, and Sitwell and Rumlow stare at him amused, and the doors close and Steve smiles to himself.

Stark Tower Stairwell

Hulk 1 lumbers down the stairs taking chunks out of corners in the tiny stairwell. He snorts to himself growing more pissed off.

"So many stairs." Hulk says agitated that there are so many stairs.

Stark Tower Lobby

Macy carries the Tesseract Case through the lobby followed by Thor and Loki. Swat troopers clear the path for the men, and turn aside raising her mask revealing our Macy.

"Okay Thumbelina, you're a go." Macy said and moved closer to Tony 1 to see, Scott hiding in his hair.

"Bombs away." Scott says and he drops beneath Tony's Black Sabbath shirt.

Tony's Shirt

Scott slides down Tony's clavicle to the RT, he sniffs.

"Is that...Axe body spray?" Scott says and Macy groans a little and Tony rubs her back, he too is wanting this to be over with.

"Yeah I had a can in the desk for emergencies. Can we focus please," Tony said and Macy scrunches her nose remembering that her farther would always wear Axe body spray, and a little too much of it, to the point that to the blonde girl it kind of stunk a little, especially on hot days.