☀︎︎ Chapter Ten ☀︎︎

The bachelor week that is right before the wedding. Betty and Jughead have to say goodbye.

The boys stay at a cabin in Seaside where there is lots of things to do and bars till Thursday when they go the five seasons which is where they're staying for the wedding weekend.

Today was finally the day they were saying goodbye for the last time before their wedding. The last time they would be an unwed couple. It was a hard goodbye due to all the stuff that happened in the last few months.

"I wish we didn't have to go" Jughead whined as he held her tightly. They were sat on the sofa watching tv before they had to leave.

"I know, but next time we see each other will be our wedding, then we'll be on our honeymoon" Betty smiled, looking up at him.

"I know, I just don't want you having any nightmares when I'm not with you" he snuggled his face into her hair. She giggled, "I know but I promise I'll be fine, and I'll put that on Veronica's emergency list for reasons I need to call you."

"You know she's an actual psychopath, not letting us even have any contact with each other apart from texts."

"That may be true but she just wants to have a good time just us girls and just you boys. But they are acting like it's the end of the world" Betty pondered. "You just realise that?" Jughead scoffed.

Betty laughed as she leaned up to his him. He deepened the kiss but before anything more could happen Betty's phone rang. She picked it up checking the caller ID, "It's V."

Jughead groaned, "tell her to fuck off!"

Betty laughed as she stood up to answer it. Betty was in the bedroom for about 5 minutes before for shouted to him, "Jug! You need to get dressed!"

"Fineee" he groaned.

Once they were dressed they brought their bags into the living room, getting ready to go. "Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" Jughead asked, looking into her eyes, lovingly.

Betty stood in front of him as he placed his hands on her shoulders, "I'm sure, Jug." She smiled. She held his wrists as she leaned up the kiss him. He kissed back, deepening the kiss again.

Once again they were interrupted by Miss Lodge but this time she was buzzing to get into the apartment. Jughead groaned as Betty walked away to answer it.

She pressed the button and spoke into the speaker. "It's open, V" she pressed the button that opened the door to the apartment building for going back to Jughead. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders as he wrapped his around her waist.

"I'm going to miss you, Mr Jones"

"I'm gonna miss you too, Miss soon to be Jones"

She smiled before they kissed for the last time.

🤍🤍

~ the bachelor week ~

This week Jughead, Archie, Kevin, Fangs, Reggie and Sweet Pea would all be taking a 2 hour road trip to Seaside to stay in hotel for the week. It was a nice hotel. It had a gym, pool, bar and some destinations near by that Archie and the rest of the boys had booked to surprise Jughead. The was gonna be a great week.

They were currently in Reggie's car driving with Archie singing awfully.

"I'm at a payphone trying to call home, all of my change I spent on you, where have the times gone?
Baby, it's all wrong
Where are the plans we made for two?"

Fangs started singing as well. "Oh my god" Jughead groaned as he looked out the window.

"If "Happy Ever After" did exist, I would still be holding you like this. And all those fairy tales are full of shit. One more fucking love song, I'll be sick
Now I'm at a payphone"