☀︎︎ Chapter Nine ☀︎︎

Tonight was the last time the gang was hanging out as non-married couples. They decided to celebrate this momentous occasion with a key party at Thorn Hill. This was obviously a decision Cheryl made without Toni's supervision.

Betty was currently finishing up her makeup when Jughead came up behind her. He kissed her shoulder, "you almost ready, babe?"

"Yeah" she replied applying her lipgloss. "Don't get too drunk tonight, okay?" He whispered in her ear.

"I won't, I promise." She smiled. "Who do you thinks gonna get paired?"

"I honestly have no clue." He chuckled. "Are you gonna do anything with whoever your paired with?" He asked, nonchalantly.

"I don't think so, are you?"

"Well we do have a free pass to do whatever we want, but no I don't think I will" he said innocently. "Aww your soo sweet. How did I get so lucky?"

"Could ask the same thing" he pressed his lips against hers, gently kissing her.

🤍🤍

They got to the party and were welcomed at the door of Thorn Hill by Cheryl. "Good evening, chums" she smiled. "Put your keys in the bowl" she held out a bowl in front of them and they placed their keys inside, "and you can enter."

Cheryl moved out the way so that they could enter the house. When they did they were shocked. They hadn't been in the house since it's last renovations and it looked amazing.

They made their way over to the living room where everyone was sat drinking and laughing at Fangs' jokes. The two joined in, Betty sitting on Jugheads lap as she drank a glass of white wine.

Once everyone had arrived Cheryl came into the room with the bowl of keys. "Okay everybody. Tonight is officially the last night of us being unwed couples"

Everyone clapped and cheered, looking over at Betty and Jughead. "So to celebrate we are going to play every married couples worst fear, the key game!"

"Tonight you have permission to do anything you've ever wanted. Anything your heart desires. So let's get started shall we! Who's going first?"

"I never liked to be the second person to do anything so" Veronica said, she stood up and made her way towards the bowl. "That's the spirit, Veronica!"

She put her hand into the bowl and turned her head away. The keys clung together against the glass bowl. Veronica withdrew a key, turning around and shaking it in the air. "I know who's this one is" she looked directly at Betty.

"What are the chances" Jughead scoff whispered in Betty's ear. She put a hand on his chest. "Calm down" she stood up and made her way towards Veronica.

"See you two back here in two hours!" Cheryl shouted as they walked out. "Right. Who's next?"

"I will, seems as Betty's gone" Jughead said, slapping his thighs as he stood up. He walked over to the bowl and turned his head while he rummaged through the keys.

He picked a set out and looked down at them. "Well I know who's these are" he looked directly at, Archie.

"Ayyyeee let's goooo" Archie cheered, standing up. He put an arm around Jughead, "let's go dude!" And with that they were gone.

🤍🤍

Betty and Veronica sit on Veronica's bed, laughing at something as they drink a glass of wine. "I can't believe your getting married soon!" Veronica gasped.

"I know it's getting soo close, next week is the bachelor and bachelorette parties"

"I knowww, I'm soo excited!!" Veronica clapped her hands. "Also I forgot to ask, how did Jughead take the kiss?"

Betty sighed. "Well we were, as you know, fighting about my PTSD and stuff and it. It alleviated a lot of tension between us. What about Archie, how did he take it?"

"Well he took it fine, um but he said he had something planned if him and Jughead got paired" Veronica inquired. "Oh god!"

"What?" Veronica asked. "I think I know what he's planning" Betty faced palmed herself.

"A few years ago, when we first went to Lodge Lodge after you and Jug kissed I may have pointed out that we've all kissed apart from-"

"Him and Archie" they said in unison before bursting out laughing.

🤍🤍

Archie and Jughead arrived at Jug and Betty's apartment, getting some beer from the fridge. "Well well well, who knew we'd all get each other's keys" Jughead chuckled.

He flopped down on the sofa next to Archie, "so what are we gonna do?"

"Well, you know how the girls have kissed. What, twice now? Maybe we should uh you know 'level the playing field'" he said mocking what Jughead had said a few years ago. He slapped his arm.

"Hey, don't pretend it didn't work" he chuckled. "You really think the girls would be okay with that?"

"Well Veronica said she was fine with it, plus they've already kissed so can Betty really get mad at you?"

"True." Archie gave him a look. "Fine" Jughead threw his hands up in defeat, "but after we're going out shooting ducks"

Archie chuckled, "okay"

They both lean in, pecking each other on the lips. Before they quickly pull away, laughing.

They turn on Jughead's Xbox and play video games for the rest of their two hours before heading back to Thorn Hill.

🤍🤍

Once everyone was back they were, once again, drinking, eating and singing. The whole gang this time. They were all having fun and enjoying each others company for the last time as non-wed couples.

They were currently singing The Nights by Avicci

"Once upon a younger year
When all our shadows disappeared
The animals inside came out to play
Went face to face with all our fears
Learned our lessons through the tears
Made memories we knew would never fade

One day my father, he told me
"Son, don't let it slip away"
He took me in his arms, I heard him say
"When you get older
Your wild heart will live for younger days
Think of me if ever you're afraid"

The lyrics resonated with everyone. The impending doom that was their adulthood was falling upon them. Granted they were all only 25 but they could still all feel it.

"He said: "One day you'll leave this world behind
So live a life you will remember"
My father told me when I was just a child
"These are the nights that never die"
My father told me"

The first couple of their group were getting married, which was the first step before they started their family. Times were changing, once again. They could all feel it.

"When thunder clouds start pouring down
Light a fire they can't put out
Carve your name into those shining stars
He said: "Go venture far beyond the shores
Don't forsake this life of yours
I'll guide you home, no matter where you are"

But no matter how afraid they were to group up and move on from the excitement of their early adulthood.

"One day my father, he told me
"Son, don't let it slip away"
When I was just a kid, I heard him say
"When you get older
Your wild heart will live for younger days
Think of me if ever you're afraid"
He said: "One day you'll leave this world behind
So live a life you will remember"
My father told me when I was just a child
"These are the nights that never die"
My father told me
"These are the nights that never die"
My father told me
My father told me"

They would all make it through together.

Oop. Emotional speech at the end there. Anywaysss. WERE SOO CLOSE TO THE WEDDING AHHH.
I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote
- A💋