☀︎︎ Chapter Four ☀︎︎

Betty ran through the woods as fast as she could. Feeling his presence behind her. She whipped her head around to see if she could see anything but all there was was darkness. She turned her head back round as she bumped into something.

She fell backwards onto the cold, muddy floor. She looked infront of her. Towering over her, was him. The one she was running away from.

"Hello Betty, did you miss me?"

Betty screamed. She tried to scurry away but it was no use. He grabbed her ankles pulling her towards him. She tried to kick free but he had already got hold of her hands, pulling a rope around them and trying her to a near by tree.

"You escaped once, Elizabeth"

He pulled out his gun and pointed it towards her.

"You won't get away this time"

*Bang*

Her vision went black.

🤍🤍

Betty awoke from her nightmare in a cold sweat, panting. She sat up and looked around her, noticing she was just in her bedroom. She put and hand on her chest and tried to slow her breathing but failed. Tears prickled her eyes as she tried her best to stay calm.

"Betts?" Her fiancé said from behind her. He had felt her movement and it woke him from his slumber. "Are you okay?"

She didn't reply, instead she started sobbing. Jughead sat up and held her close to him, "sh sh shhh it's okay baby, I'm here"

She hugged him back, sobbing into his chest. "I- I have a bad dream" she whimpered.

He rubbed her back, "What was it about? Can you remember?"

"T-the black hood" she stuttered. "It's okay baby, remember he's dead"

"Mhm" she mumbled against his chest. "I'm sorry I woke you up.

"No Betts, don't be sorry." He layed back down, pulling her with him. She snuggled into his chest as he stroked her hair. "I love you, baby and I'll protect you from anything."

"I love you too" she sniffled before drifting off again.

🤍🤍

Today was the day they were going shopping for their outfits in the city. The boys would be tux shopping while the girls dresses.

Jughead was currently upset that he couldn't go with Betty. "Jugggg I'm going to be fineeee" She said, struggling to get away from his strangling hug.

"Hmmm" he groaned as his grip tightened. "Jugheadddddd"

"Fineee" he finally let her go, resting his hands on her shoulders. "I'm gonna miss youuuu"

"I'll miss you too, Babe" she leaned up to kiss him. They shared a short, passionate kiss before Veronica honked her car horn.

Betty rolled her eyes, "someone's getting impatient" she started walking towards the door. "Bye, Jug!"

"Byeeee babyyyy"