Run

(TW: death, blood)

Y/n felt their heart pounding.

"TOMOE, ANSWER ME."

Y/n then saw the purple mass head straight toward their face. Within an instant, it was hit and smacked against the wall.

"Tomoe! Oh my God, you're bleeding all over the place."

Tomoe with all his strength had grabbed the broom y/n had dropped and whacked that thing as hard as he could.

"Y/n you need to get out of here and try to evacuate the business."

"What? No Tomoe let's go, we both have to go."

Y/n was trying to grab Tomoe's shoulder.

"Y/N!"

Tomoe snapped.

"This thing is not going to give up, look at it."

"Wait, you can see that thing?"

Y/n seen the purple thing peak out from one of the crates, and sneak back in as if waiting for a chance to attack.

That's right, when a person's life is in danger, that's when they can see curses.

"Tomoe I do not want to leave you here."

The purple blob shot towards both of them. Tomoe went to hit it with the broom, but it dodged and hit the side of his stomach. It was at this time y/n also heard a scream in the lounge area.

"Y/n look at me,"

Y/n focused their attention on Tomoe.

"It's a miracle I'm still alive right now, look at me, I'm practically a standing miracle right now,"

No Tomoe

Tomoe takes a deep breath,

"Please, I'm begging you, get out of here, and get as many people out as you can."

Y/n pauses, and with a heavy heart, they let go of Tomoe and head towards the lounge. Just when y/n was running out, they heard Tomoe again.

"Y/N!"

Y/n turns around

"Tell my wife, I love her."

Y/n feels their eyes start to tear up.

"I will Tomoe."

After seeing the purple blob dart toward Tomoe again, he fell out of vision. When y/n got to the lounge, it was so much worse than they expected. People dodging these purple creatures, screaming, running, terrified.

No this is a nightmare, this isn't real. If I just close my eyes, I'll wake up and everything will be ok.

Y/n shut their eyes tight, opened their eyes, nothing.

This isn't a dream, it's real.

"Darling what are you doing? Snap out of it and run!"

Y/n looked over the people panicking, screaming, and was able to see who was at the door, the blond lady, Cindy was there, motioning for y/n to run.

What am I doing? RUN

Y/n picked up the pace and started running towards the door. They had just made it to grab Cindy's hand. Suddenly, they felt a jolt as if someone had pushed them back. In an instant, y/n was then seeing Kyoko being impaled in the chest, which would have been y/n if they weren't pushed out of the way.

"KYOKO!"

The purple monster had already retreated, and y/n dragged Kyoko out of danger to the alleyway. Y/n rested Kyoko on their lap. Blood, practically pouring out of her.

No no no, this can't be no

Kyoko, still breathing but struggling, was coughing out blood.

"Kyoko no, no no no no no what were you even doing out here?"

Y/n felt tears starting to run down their cheeks.

"I came to say sorry, I felt horrible all-day, y/n."

Y/n felt a sting in their chest.

"No, no Kyoko, stay with me, we still have the rest of Thursday night right? Why don't we get you some help and we can watch a movie?"

Sirens could be heard in the distance. Y/n practically cradling Kyoko at this point.

"Y/n, you've been my friend since the third grade, right?"

Y/n pauses.

"What do you mean? Of course I have."

"One of the best things that happened in my life, was being your friend."

Kyoko's breath was becoming more and more shallow.

No, no no no no, why is there so much blood?

"No! We are friends, best friends, just hang on for a little longer Kyoko!"

Kyoko stroked y/n's face.

"Keep being kind to people, everyone, you bring a little more light into people's lives by doing that, remember that you are loved, and you are so amazingly special."

Y/n held Kyoko's hand on their cheek, and felt it go limp.

"Kyoko? Kyoko..."

The sirens had become louder and louder, y/n had to think. Was the sound of the sirens louder, or was it the sound of my screams?