I cross my arms across my chest “I’m listening.”

“If we take out the guards,” he says “They see our faces, they will report as just as they get the chance. Even with the map, both of our teams will be disqualified for compromising neutral territory.”

As much as I hate to admit it, he’s right. We need a plan, a diversion.

“Lets have a look at the battle ground.” I walk past him to the upper floor, Anderson follows behind silently

We reach the top floor and peek in the hallway Anderson points out. Five guards, two near the big double door, two across from them, one at the other end of the hallway. Armed with rifles, their wolves probably ready for action.

We move away, out of earshot before he says “Well? What do you suggest?”

“We need a distraction.”

“I don’t see your partner anywhere.”

I narrow my eyes, his lip tug upwards “Calm down, Winters. I’m saying she’s usually more than ready for this type of thing.”

“Keep your words clear when you talk to me,” About her “You might end up regretting talking in riddles, Anderson.”

I turn around the information about the guards in my head, assessing it from every angle. My mind takes each obstacle, searching potential solutions.

“Follow my lead.”

I meet Anderson’s eyes across the hallway and nod. He slams down a vase on the granite floor. I see one of the guards move forward and spin towards the corridor I’m standing in.

I cross the hallway and glance out of the other ending, where the solitary guard is standing. I can faintly make out the conversation Anderson is having with the guard, doing a surprisingly good imitation of a drunk guest.

I grab the guard by his throat and yank him towards myself. Instantly, I hold him in a headlock. He struggles for a moment, then his body goes limp. I let him down and grab his gun, hoping Anderson has managed to do the same.

The first shot rings.

Anderson’s made his move.

The next moment gunshots ring in the air, bullets ricochet everywhere and in theory, the sounds should not reach the ground floor over the loud sounds of music.

I take out the two guards near the door, Anderson takes out the other one across them.

The smell of blood hangs heavy in the air, I pick up a stray bullet. Not silver. They should survive easily.

Anderson and I pull down the handkerchiefs from our faces, the ones we lifted from a nearby room, and he tries to pull the door open.

“Locked.” He throws his hands up

I look down at the rifle in his hands, we could certainly shoot the lock out but that would leave too much to open. I don’t want every other team to have access to the maps too— that is, if they are in here.