Chapter Ninety Five

Start from the beginning

"Do you have to go~"

Nakai smirked at Wang Bao's clinginess while buttoning up his shirt. In the living room, Rara and Karo could be heard fighting with their sticks while Wang Lei and Nera waited for Nakai. Wang Bao had already heard why Nakai had to attend the event but he was told again since he insisted on Nakai staying.

"I'm attending this as the Prince of my country. This will show that all the disagreements between our homes was caused by Queen Mother."

Wang Bao pouted dramatically which earned him a bite on the lip by Nakai.

"Be good and eat your breakfast, I'll come back right after the event is done."

"Fine."

Wang Bao tried to get out of bed but his stomach was making it difficult, the skin was taught and hard to the touch now. Nakai helped Wang Bao out before tightening the silk robe that was having trouble to cover what needed to be covered on Wang Bao. When Wang Bao waddled out to the living room, Nakai was close on his heels and helped him sit down at the table to eat. Both Rara and Karo ignored their breakfast until they were given a stern order from Nakia. Once they were seated, Nakai got down to their eye level seriously.

"I need the two of you to look after Wang Bao, okay? Mr LIu will be in the palace taking care of some things so call him if you need help with anything."

"Okay~"

Nakai ruffled both boy's hair before turning on his heels to give Wang Bao a quick kiss. When Nakai got to the door he turned around to get one last look at Wang Bao and saw he was a little out of it. He knew it was because of Queen Mother's execution. When you have someone who was a constant abuser in your life suddenly disappear, it would be hard to adjust to. Wang Bao had been so used to being treated badly by his Mother that he never took the time to find out what it would be like without her in his life. Even when they were traveling across the earth to see Wang Lei, she was always on the back of Wang Bao's mind because of all her tricks and attempts at finding them. As they drove to the royal city, Nakai couldn't help but wonder how Wang Bao would change once Queen Mother was no longer a threat to him.

At the table Wang Bao found he was hungry yet not at the same time. When he tried to eat his stuffed bread, he found everything about it off putting even though he had specifically asked Nakai to make them. Wang Bao tried to eat a different flavour thinking that maybe his taste buds were being fussy but he was met with a painful jab in his lower abdomen. Wang Bao took in a sharp breath causing Rara and Karo to look at him with worry. Rara slid down from his chair and rubbed Wang Bao's belly softly.

"Brother, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I think I just need a little more rest before eating."

Wang Bao gripped the edge of the table to get his large body up before he waddled to the sofa, he had planned on retreating back to bed but his legs were struggling with his weight already. When Karo and Rara saw Wang Bao relax into the soft cushions of the sofa, they figured everything was fine and continued eating.

. . . . . . .

Nakai, Wang Lei and Nera all sat in the same large vehicle as they made their way to the city center. One of Wang Lei's other jobs he had been focused on was rebirthing the Royal city. The bodies had been removed and buried in a mass grave. Wang Lei's plan was to go through with Queen Mother's execution then follow with a celebration of all the people who were murdered. While sitting silently, Wang Lei spoke out, his voice a little distant.

"Under my Father's reign there were no executions, the last public execution was close to a hundred years ago."

Nera placed his hand over Wang Lei's squeezing it lightly, he had no words to offer any comfort since he didn't know how to comfort someone who was killing off one of their parents. Queen Mother had been abusive and overall a bad person but out of all her children, she had treated Wang Lei the best. Although this was only another form of manipulation, the change in relationship was hard for Wang Lei to come to terms with fully, especially today. Wang Lei was staring out the window with a cold face before turning back to look at Nera.