21- Nightmare

“Alex!” Someone screams.

My ears are ringing, my head throbbing, everything hurts. The world is so dark and ashy and… green?

No. No. No. No. No!

“Alex!” The voice screams again.

My body jolts up and what I most feared came true. I’m back in the graveyard. I look around for the voice that is calling out to me. It sounded so familiar, but I couldn’t figure out who it was.

“Alex!” The voice screams, but this time, it’s right behind me. I whip my head around and see Reggie standing there screaming.

“Reggie!” I scream, seeing a skullcrawler right behind him. I try to run to him, but someone holds me back.

“REG!” I scream as the skullcrawler opens its hideous mouth and it kills Reg.

“Lexie.”

I jolt awake, sweating and crying.

“Lexie,” Reggie says kneeling next to my chair, “Are you okay?”

“Yea, I’m fine,” I say in a very unconvincing voice.

“Was it a nightmare?” He asks gently.

“Yea,” I say looking down.

“Hey,” he says, lifting my head back up to look at him, “It’s okay, I’m here with you. I won’t let anything happen to you,” He says giving me a reassuring smile.

“Thank you.”

“Do you want to talk about it?” He says, pulling his chair closer to mine and sitting down.

“I was back on the island,” I began, and he listened intently, “I woke up in the graveyard and someone was calling my name, they kept calling until they were right behind me. I turned around and saw you, just standing there, screaming, and a skullcrawler was behind you. I tried to run to you, but someone held me back and I watched as it killed you.”

“Oh, Lexie,” He said, taking his hand in mine, “I would never leave you.”