2- Your Savior

"Look at what you've done!" I scream at Kong over the sound of pure chaos around us. "If I die right now, I'm going to come back and haunt the absolute fuck out of you! You hear me?" I continue to scream random threats and curse words. Kong ignores me because this isn't the first time, nor the last, I have yelled at him. Kong finally finished his rain of terror when there is nothing in the sky. For dramatic effect, he rips one of the planes in half and smashes it into the ground.

"Are you happy now? Did you release your stress?" I say in the most sarcastic voice without even trying. He decides he has finally had enough of me and puts me on the ground and walks off. "Oh, yea go run off like you do every time I'm right," I say really putting some emphasis and spit in those last few words. I march off through the woods back to my house trying to figure out what the fuck to do.

I get to my house which is conveniently in a cave on the side of a mountain, which allows me to overlook pretty much the entire island. I decide I'm going out to look for survivors. I'm done being alone. I pack up everything important, so I don't have to come back and set off towards the closest crash site. I get close and there is a group of people talking. I climb a tree and get within earshot and listen.

"Are we just not gonna talk about this?" a younger-looking boy says. I could tell he was extremely freaked out. I felt this weird feeling of sympathy, but it went away as quickly as it came.

"My best guess is we're scattered over a 4-to-5-mile radius," the tall one says. "We must head north and join anyone we find." He sounded different than the boy, he pronounced his words differently. I was extremely taken off guard as I thought everyone sounded the same. "Are you alright?" He says walking over to one of the girls. She held a small box in her hand and had long yellow hair.

"I don't know how to answer that question right now," she says, her voice trembled barely. She was obviously not alright but didn't want to outright say it.

I had this weird feeling again, but it wasn't the same one. I felt I needed to protect them for some reason. Maybe because they were probably gonna die without me, but it felt like something more. I shook it off and followed behind them, careful not to be seen or heard.

The number of times I had already saved their asses was extremely sad. I had to lure a mother-longlegs away 3 times for her to finally leave for good. A group of ants started climbing down the trees, so I had to whistle them away. The tall man almost caught me because they were all awake. I was amazed by the fact he could tell it was me whistling not the ants.

Over the time I've been stalking them, in a non-creepy way, I've learned quite a few things. The tall funny talking one's name is Conrad and the girl that he not so subtly likes is Mason Weaver. The other girl is San and the one she not so subtly likes is Brooks and the younger boy is Slivko. There is also this annoying old man named Nieves who obviously didn't want to be on that island even before they crashed. I don't think these are their first names, but maybe they are, who knows.

Conrad has my respect. Every movement I make he takes note of and every sound I make he hears. He is definitely a professional of some sort. It starts to get dark, so they make a small camp with a fire and everything. Once everyone is asleep, I climb down the tree I was in.
"I know you're there," Conrad's voice says plainly. I freeze. Every muscle tenses up and not even I can hear my breathing. "You can come out they are all asleep. I'm not going to hurt you," his voice is quiet, and he almost convinces me to come out. Almost. But instead, I run off, not caring how much noise I make because he already confronted me. As I take off, I swore I heard a small sigh coming from him.

I decide to take the morning off and get ahead of them. I was laying on the back of Snail, one of my favorite Sker Buffalo but I like to call them moss moose, eating a mango I had found on my way over here. Snail starts to go underwater, and that's when I see them break out from the tree line.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit," I mumble.

Luckily, not even Conrad saw me, I don't think. I scurry off Snail and he goes partially underwater and I hide behind his back that's sticking out of the water.

As the group gets closer, Snail decides to pull and Alex. Aka being a bitch and scaring the group. Snail rises from the water and slowly walks toward the group. Slivko immediately raises his gun out of pure terror and aims at Snail's face. Now Snail here is one of my best of pals, so I wasn't going to sit around and let him get shot by a petrified teenager. So, I jump on his back, and for dramatic effect, front flip of his back so I'm standing in between that barrel of the assault rifle and Snail's precious face.

"I would appreciate it if you wouldn't shoot me or my friend Snail here," I saw watching the different expressions laid out on their faces. Oh, this was priceless, it's taking everything I have not to burst out in a laughing fit.

"W-w-who are you?" ask's Slivko visibly shaking from too many emotions. His hands are so sweaty he has to keep adjusting his grip on his gun, I feel bad for the kid.

"Your savior," I say adding a wink just to fuck with him.

"You are the one who has been following us aren't you?" Conrad asks, even though I think he already knows the answer. As he says this everyone turns to look at him.

"You knew someone was following us and you didn't say anything?" Nieves asks with a very bitter tone.

"If I may," I say drawing all the attention back to me. "If it weren't for me you all would have been dead within the first hour. Except maybe not Conrad, he might've made it till now." They all stare at me as if I just shot them. Wow, and I thought I was dramatic. They weren't getting the point, so I decided to make it crystal clear. "I hope you know that I am the one who keeps all the creatures from descending on you and eating you from the inside out."

"So, you're some sort of animal whisperer?" Slivko asks. Keep in mind he is still shaking and is still pointing a gun at me.

I actually laugh. "Yea sure you can call it that," I say leaning on Snail. "We would like it if you didn't point that at us by the way," I add nodding towards the gun.

"O-Oh yeah," he says as if he forgot he was holding it completely and mumbles, "Sorry."

"It's all good," I say patting Snail on the head, saying he can go now. "Oh, and you guys might want to follow me because this is not a good area to be in for too long unless you are too heavy to be lifted off the ground," and as soon as it leaves my mouth, they've been shot again.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute," says Brooks finally pulling himself out of shock. "Who even are you? How do we know you won't get us killed? How old are you? How did you even get here?" He starts rapid-firing questions at me and everyone seems to want them answered as well.

"Alright well, I hope you all can walk and talk because I'm not standing still with you bunch any longer. I feel like keeping my arm," and with that, they all follow me, with Conrad walking next to me, I start to answer their questions. "Ok, my name is Alexis Hunter, but you can just call me Alex. As for the age, I'm 17," I look back to see Slivko staring at me, I smile then turn back around and keep walking. "My family sailed here, and our boat wrecked so we got stuck here. And I'm not going to kill you, it would be a waste of time and I've already put too much effort into protecting you, I'm not going to fuck that up."

"Where is your family?" San asks.

"Dead. I think at least."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't be, you didn't do anything wrong."

"What do you mean by you think?" Mason asks hesitantly.

"Well, I'm not 100% sure if my mother and brother are dead. They went out one day and never returned. My father, on the other hand, I know he is dead because he died right in front of me about 5 years ago," I say clutching the dog tags hanging from my neck. After that, it got awkwardly silent. "So, what about you guys? What are all of you doing here?"

"Camping trip gone wrong," Slivko says trying to defuse the tension. Surprisingly it worked, we all laughed.