18- Lexie

I stare up at the ceiling in the dark, listening to the level breathing of Mason and San. I can't take it anymore the complete silence and darkness is killing me. I stand up and grab the stick that the nurse gave me to help me walk and close the door behind me. I don't have a destination in mind, just go wherever my feet take me.

I wasn't surprised when I brought myself to the deck and over to the side of the boat, the waves crashing against the boat, sending sprays of salty seawater up and gently hitting my face. It was empty out here everyone was either asleep or inside doing something important.

I don't know how long I was just standing there, lost in my thoughts. The mixture of the cool ocean breeze and salty water, it was starting to get cold, but I don't care. It's way too peaceful out here to go back inside, it's more like home.

"You're gonna catch a cold if you stay out here much longer," Came a warm voice from behind me. I smiled and turned around to see Slivko walking towards me. He had on light brown khaki pants and a green hoodie with his army jacket over it. "Why don't we go back inside and get you warmed up."

"I want to stay out here for a while," I said looking back out at the endless ocean, another wave crashing up and hitting us both. He took off his jacket and put it on my shoulders and adjusted it until it stayed.

"At least wear that," He said when I looked at him.

"Alright," I said putting the sticks down and sliding my arms into it. It was warm and smelled like him, it was an earthy scent that I couldn't put a word to. We both stood there as a few more waves dampened our hair and faces.

"Follow me," He said suddenly, "I know a spot I think you'll like," He grabbed the hand that wasn't using the stick and led me through the deck, and carefully helped me up a steep set of stairs. We were at the front of the ship, perched up on top of a building. We sat down and I looked up at the sky, easily recognizing most of the stars, but some were new to me.

"Hey, look it's you," I said pointing to a particular star, "What on Earth are you doing way up there?" He just laughed and shook his head.

"What am I doing? What are you doing up there?" He exclaimed pointing at another star, making me giggle.

"You know," I said turning to look at him, "It's rude to point at a woman."

"Wow!" He said laughing, "I didn't know you were a woman yet. How old are you again? 12?"

"Two can play that game Red," I said poking the bandana on his forehead.

"Really? That the best you got?" He said challenging me.

"I'm just giving you a chance Reginald."

"Oh, okay, Alexander."

"Regitha."

"Alexina."

"Reggie," I said grinning, "Oh, wait, I kinda like that one."

"Hmm," He said thinking hard, "Lexie."

I stared at him. It was so close to Lex, but it wasn't at the same time.

"Did I say something wrong?" He said sitting up with me.

"Atakan would call me Lex," I mumbled.

"Oh, Alex, I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I should have just-" He began but I cut him off.

"It's okay," I said turning to him with a smile, "I like Lexie."