19- Almost Normal

We were all gathered around a table in the kitchen, some people had paperwork sitting in front of them alongside their breakfast.

"We need to fill out a report," Reles explained, "But we all need to agree on the same story."

"Well, we could tell the truth about everything except Kong and the Iwi's to make it much simpler," San suggested.

"Okay, let's start at the beginning."

We all agreed that the choppers crashed because of the storm and everyone got separated, then they met Hank and I and we helped them travel to the north end of the island. Most of the deaths were caused by the crash, but we needed an explanation for my leg wound. We decided on a hippo attack since their teeth are large enough to make a gash that deep and that Cole sacrificed himself to save me.

About everything else would stay the same, how me and Hank ended up there in the first place. All the data was lost so we didn't have to worry about that, and as for Mason's camera, she would develop her photos in secret and only release those that followed our story.

"So, what are your plans for when we get off this ship?" I asked no one in particular.

"Me and Reles are going to Key West to live out our days with sunshine," Mills said finishing his report and starting on his pancakes.

"I'm going back to the UK for a bit, catch up with some old friends," Conrad said.

"I'm going back to my photography, maybe in a little bit less dangerous places though," Mason said, and we all laughed with her.

"Me and Brooks still have jobs with Monarch so we will have plenty to do," San said looping one of her arms through Brooks. Aww, how cute.

"I'm arranged to visit my wife and son, maybe stay there if she hasn't remarried yet," Hank said, digging into his food.

"I'm going to Detroit, maybe help my dad in his garage for a while," Reggie said, doing some last touches on his report, taking breaks to eat now and again. "What about you, Lexie?"

"Lexie?" Mills asked, looking between the two of us with a devilish smirk on his face.

"Oh, no you don't," I said pointing my butter knife at him, "That is one thing only he can call me."

"Okay, okay," He said putting his hands up in surrender.

"Well, I'm not sure," I said, backtracking to Reggie's question, "I don't know if I have family out there or not, still waiting for someone to tell me. I should have an answer soon though," I added, seeing the worried look on all their faces.

"If you ever need to, you can stay with one of us, we would all be happy to help you in any way," Mason said giving me a sympathetic smile, it made me feel better I must admit.

By then we had all finished up everything and started heading back to our rooms. I took a warm shower, man those would never get old, and got changed into blue bell-bottom jeans, a white tank top, and a blue jacket. It was always smart to wear layers because you never know if one of the boys is going to dump a bucket of water over your head or throw something at you, it's best to always be prepared.

"Alex," Mason said as I was walking out the door, I turned around to look at her, "We have a meeting at 7 in the conference room."

"What for?"

"They won't tell us," She said shrugging. I nodded and kept walking. I decided I would go out to the deck and see if anyone was out there doing anything. The hallways were suspiciously quiet, but I started hearing music as I got closer to the deck. I opened the door and was immediately doused with ice-cold water.

Point proven.

"Very funny guys," I say walking out see the four of them just about rolling on the ground dying of laughter. "Wow, how did you manage to get Conrad in on this?"

"It was his idea," Mills choked out in a break in his laughing fit.

"Really?" I say walking towards a giant hose while they are distracted, "I didn't think he had it in him," I pick it up and point it at them, "But you probably didn't think I had it in me to do this."

"Oh shit!" Reles says as I turn on the hose and start blasting all of them, making sure they are all drenched. Reggie runs towards me and picks me up and spins me around, saving his fellow friends from the hose, and runs to the faucet to turn it off.

"Now we are all even," I say winding the hose back up.

"That was not even, we had a bucket, you had a fucking hose," Mills said gesturing to his soaking wet clothes.

"You're just a sore loser," I said taking off my jacket and draping it over the back of a chair to dry off in the sun.

"Speaking of a sore loser," Reggie says, "Reles, you still want that rematch?"

"I am not a sore loser, you cheated. But yes, I am getting a rematch," Reles said sitting down and pulling out some cards.

"Lexie, wanna join?" Reggie says taking off his dripping shirt, wringing it out, then sitting next to me.

"I have no idea what this is, but sure."

"I'll teach you along the way."

It was a pretty simple game, just matching colors and numbers. Mason had come out and watched me, Reggie, Mills, and Reles play.

"You cheated!" Mills and Reles say at the same time, throwing their cards on the table in frustration.

"I did not cheat, you're just really bad at this game," I said grinning glancing at Reggie who was trying to hide his smile.

We totally cheated.

"What?! I saw you and your little love bird looking at each other's cards and helping you!" Mills exclaimed.

"He was trying to show me how to play," I said trying to cover for myself, "This is my first time playing."

"That's what makes it even worse!" Reles pipped up, "I've been playing this most of my life and you beat me on my first game!" He seemed like he was going to start crying.

It was nice being able to have fun after all we went through together. It was moments like this, moments where all our worries faded away, where I felt like I belonged, where we could be almost normal.