6- Stars

It had gotten too dark to keep working on the boat, so we went to Hank's house to hang out. Slivko put on some music and I sat in a chair listening to the sound. Hank was trimming his tree of a face and Nieves was bothering him. I think I heard Hank say he was going to stab him, I wasn't paying attention, instead, I was listening to the music. Slivko was off to the side jabbing at the air with an Iwi spear.

"Alex," He said, drawing my attention to him.

"Yea?"

"Have you ever even heard music before this?" He asks propping the spear up on a wall.

"I mean my mom would sing to me but that's about it," I respond looking down a bit.

"Well have you ever danced before?"

"No."

"Then get up, I'll teach you," He says holding his hand out, I take it smiling. "Let me put on a different song," He walks over to where the music is coming from and changes the song to something more upbeat. "Ah, here we go. September by Earth, Wind, and Fire."

"You just listen and groove," He says swinging my arms back and forth with a goofy grin on his face. At this point, everyone was in the room either dancing or watching. Mason grabs San and Brooks pulling them away from the wall, forcing them to dance with her. She tries to get Conrad, but he stays put. Soon enough me and Slivko are hand in hand swaying and jumping to the music.

The song ends and we both collapse on the floor from dancing too hard. I look over at him to see him staring at me, "Thank you," I say smiling wider than I had in such a long time.

"Anytime," He says softly.

"Alright you two," Conrad says pulling us both off the ground. "Don't forget we have a long day of finishing that boat tomorrow. I want both of you asleep within the hour, got it?"

"Sir, yes sir!" I say mocking a salute. He just blankly stares at me, clearly not amused. Slivko, on the other hand, is cracking up beside me. As soon as he turns around, Slivko and I stick our tongues out at him. He whips his head around and we both jump and look around the room acting all innocent. Conrad just sighs and walks out of the room.

I spot Mason on the balcony, "I'm gonna go out with Mason, I'll be back in a second," I say to Slivko. He just nods and looks for something else to occupy himself with.

"This place is beautiful," Mason says in awe as I stand on the other side of her box on a stand.

"Indeed, it is," I say staring at the sky. No matter how long you've been here, you never get over looking at the sky and the beauty this island offers. "What even is this thing?" I ask looking at her box.

"It's called a camera," She says chuckling.

"Oh, my parents told me they brought one, but I got lost in the crash. My mom said it captures a moment, so you never have to worry about forgetting it." I say whilst inspecting it.

"I've never heard anyone describe it that way," She turned to smile at me. "Your mom was a very wise person I bet."

"Yea she was," I say with a sigh, but when she looks over, I'm smiling.

"Do you want to take a picture?" She asks after a minute of silence.

"Sure!" I say, excitement filled my voice.

"Alright you stand right here," She says moving me in front of the camera. She presses a few buttons and rushed to my side. "Smile!" She says while side hugging me. I hear a click and we walk to the other side and look at the photo.