Chapter 53 | us rewriting ourselves

Comincia dall'inizio

She was ghost-quiet.

The key to my heart was her reply.

Her brows kangarooed and silence shattered. "Why all of a sudden?"

"It is my, um," moisture clouded over my knuckles. "...assurance."

She touched her chin. "I liked him."

"So?"

My eyes crucified her.

"His time ended." Her hands slipped out of my grip and huddled her knees. "I do not have good feelings for him."

My glare was stupid and drunk.

"Eh? You don't love him?"

"What's with the questions?"

Her nails ambushed my ears.

"Ouch! He's your first true love. Who won't be surprised to hear that you don't have feelings for him?"

She fired daggers at me. "One-sided love! I hate him."

"Of cause, you don't have hidden feelings for him." I cradled a pillow to my chest. "So, why is his cute bossy picture on your screen?"

Her eyes widened. "Oh!" She switched off her cell phone. "Suit yourself, that idiot isn't worth my time. It's over between us."

"If you don't like him as you say..."

She pressed a finger on my lips, powered on her device, and deleted Dwain's pictures.

Yeah!

She slapped my chest with the phone.

"His photos are gone. I don't have romantic links with him. Now, do you believe?"

"Please don't lie to me."

My chest clenched nicely.

Frustrated, she tore her fingers from my dress. "Forget it."

"Good," I embraced her and nuzzled her hair. "I believe you."

Her head sprouted and met my eyes.

"Hey, why do you like him? He's not the type that tackles any romantic expectations."

"Yes, there is nothing unique about him. Nothing special. Nothing to be obsessed with. Yet, when I'm with him..., everything feels alright. Everything is alright."

She broke our hug. "That's it?"

"Should there be more?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I guess."

Her eyes were in mine, mine in hers, and tension stroke its peak.

"Promise me one thing." I held her hands close to my bosom and squeezed with faith. "We won't be rivals, pretty please."

She threw a go-ahead nod of courtesy at me. "Of cause, we aren't. And we won't be rivals."

Her cheeks heated up. "I didn't give up my feelings for him because I'm being considerate of yours. I lost interest in him a long time ago. Go date him, you have my blessings."

"Are you real?"

Sunshine flooded my soul.

I'd never been more alive. "Where's Elisabeth? Where did you hide her corpse?"

She leaped in a pole of subtle amusement.

"She's in your heart."

"Awe, she should."

I put my thumbs up, and we high-fived.

Anna promenaded into our discussion and spilled a full round of well-rounded gossip.