Chapter 8

Not quite back into writing yet, but I had nothing else to do really. It's 3 am when I began writing this and I can't sleep (edit: it's the next day now 3 am) (Edit: it's the next next day at 3 ****ing am). Besides, the sole purpose of Kion's Demise is so I don't strain my brain trying to figure out the cancelled curse called A Dark Secret while keeping you guys entertained.

Three days had passed since the incident at the lake. 

"Hel-lo?" Kion's choppy words echoed through her head. "Hel-lo? Fu-li?"

What do you need? Fuli didn't bother asking the question out loud. She knew he couldn't hear her. What good would it do?

"Th-sty..- W-ter-.. Pl-se," he stumbled out almost nothing but whispers. His vocabulary was getting worse due to not being able to hear. Just then, Fuli noticed how hoarse his voice was and using that information, she could just barely put together his other words. 

He seemed desperate. When was the last time she had taken him out for water?

Great Kings and Queens, it had been three days! The realization hit her so fast like someone scored their claws across her muzzle. She hadn't guided him out to drink for that long!

She quickly lifted -nearly dragged- him to his paws and ushered him outside. Once he felt the cold snow under his paws, he nearly dived his entire face onto it, trying to lap up the frozen water. He only sighed in partial relief; snow wasn't as quenching as real water. He tried to gulp more down with the knowledge he could risk getting a very painful stomachache, but it was obvious at that point he didn't even care anymore. He had to try to rehydrate himself. Or else he'd die.

If only they had something else to drink.

Fuli definitely couldn't risk wandering off even the slightest bit to look for actual water or thin pieces of ice they could break to get water; they had already learned how well that turned out.

*

Kion looked up at where he thought Fuli was standing and smiled. "T-ank ou."

He felt her lightly tap his shoulder from behind him, as if to say 'back here.'

Kion turned around to actually face her, but he misjudged how far forward and to the side he should have walked, and ended up bumping into her.

Kion's ears flattened in embarrassment. "Sorry..." He tried his best to say the word. "Hello? Fuli?" Panic edged his voice when he couldn't feel her beside him. "Fuli?"

Fuli rested her tail-tip on his shoulder, as if to say 'I'm right here.'

Kion flattened his fur in embarrassment. He ducked his head low and sighed. I can't see or hear anymore........life's a failure. Ugh, I hate it here!