Emotions & Solutions

Start from the beginning

"Why are you apologizing?" She questions, turning me around to face her.

"I was all worried about us getting out as anything more than friends and then my dumb actions are what forces this out. I was the one wanting to take the public thing slowly and I messed it up and now the press will probably be all over you about a new relationship with some nobody after just getting out of an engagement and it's all my fault and your team is probably so frustrated and I'm so stupid." I ramble out, tears starting to pool in my eyes.

"Hey hey hey, take a breath. It's okay, okay? My team knew this was going to get out sooner or later, we talked a lot about it. No one is frustrated with you, maybe with how it's getting out and when, but not with you. It's not your fault. I'm more worried about how you feel about this, not about making my life hard, which you didn't, but how you feel about being shoved into the spotlight. My career is fine, I'm fine, now how do you feel about this?" She comforts me, her hands rubbing up and down my biceps.

I sigh, still feeling way too much at one time. We had a plan, everyone knew the plan, they made it a point to make sure I'm good with the plan and I screwed it up. "A lot is going on in my head and I'm thankful I don't have any meetings today because I don't think I'd be a helpful member of the team." I sigh again. Lizzie hugs my head into her stomach since I'm still sitting down. Her hands run through my hair and it calms me down a little. I pull away and look up at her. "I'm scared," I whisper.

She nods, "That's okay, I know you are. This is all really new, I mean we met, I started staying with you, now we are dating and the day after we make it official, we have to deal with an article that we aren't ready for. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you and this relationship for longer." She apologizes.

"But, it was my stupid fault for pulling you into that archway," I argue.

"I don't care who kissed who, there are two people in a relationship and we will figure this out together." she shuts my self-loathing down.

I groan, "How did we end up here?"

"I chose to talk to a stranger in Central Park." She replies. It makes me smile a little.

"Why did you? Other than just being a good person?" I ask.

"Well, as I said, I noticed you the week before too and was intrigued by your brooding face." She teases then sighs, "Honestly, I don't know what in me decided to talk to you, but once I did I never wanted to stop. There was just something about you and how you made me feel. I was in a weird place, trying to figure out if breaking off the engagement was a good decision, and then there you were with your kind heart and stupid charm. I've never fallen for someone so quickly, and I know that scares you, but it scares me too. When I'm with you everything just feels right and my insides melt every time you smile. I don't feel scared when I'm with you. It's so easy and natural and I never thought a relationship like this existed. But here we are, and unfortunately, because of who I am, we have some obstacles that aren't normal. I told you I couldn't give you a normal relationship but that we could figure out the complicated stuff together. Is that something you still want now that it's happening much sooner than expected? Are you still with me?" She questions and the worry in her eyes makes my heart drop. The amount of emotions that her rant stirred up are all settling into my chest.

"I'm with you Elizabeth Chase Olsen, and I still want this. It's overwhelming and scary, but we can do this right?" I ask.

"We are in this together, I'll handle the media stuff on my end with my team, and we can figure out our stuff together."

"But that seems like you are doing most of the work. Can I help too? I'll follow their rules from now on I promise." I plead not wanting all the stress on her.

"Baby, I'm used to this stuff, this is a whole new world for you. So you can focus on making sure your good and I'll be here to help with that too. Does that sound okay?" She asks.

"Okay but I wanna know everything that goes on and all the dos and don'ts. I want to learn." I explain.

"Okay, okay. I will make sure you know everything you need to know and answer all your questions. We can make sure to communicate all the time and be honest too. As long as we are on the same page this will all be fine." She concludes.

"Okay so let's start now. What the fuck are we going to do about this current situation?" I ask, my anxiety bubbling to the surface remembering why we are having this conversation in the first place.

"I talked to my team, they are handling it." She explains.

"And how are they handling it?" I ask.

"By ignoring it." She states.

"Well, what is that going to do?" I asked confused.

"Well, we aren't denying or confirming. People already know about you and by not saying anything we don't have to make up a story or lie. If we don't entertain it, it will go away. And if it doesn't then we may have to address it." She explains. I don't completely understand but I nod along.

"So what does it mean for how we act in public?" I clarify

"That's up to you still. If you want this to die down we should probably follow our rules, if you want to just go with the flow then we act how we want to act and our business is more public sooner rather than later." She explains.

I nod taking all of this in. Okay, this isn't too bad, we don't have to say anything about it and we can be more careful. I sigh, still overwhelmed by where our future could possibly be heading. A part of me wants to throw caution to the wind and be with her without censoring my actions and the other part is terrified for being in the spotlight. I wasn't built for this shit. But for her, I would get used to it.
______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N Slighty intense chapter, but it's all going to be fineeeeee. I want to try to make this as realistic as possible but also make it interesting so trying to find that balance is hard but fun! Fluff is fun but angst makes things interesting. Let me know what you think!