Chapter one.

Warnings: swear words
6:15pm, Tuesday

3rd person pov -

Karl had been working at a diner for a few years now. He was a great worker and all of his co-workers loved him.

He didn't have a certain job there, he just worked on whatever the others needed him to do.

He absolutely loved his job since it was a roller skating diner and he really liked skating.

Tonight he was working in the back but came out occasionally to see if everyone was okay.

A man walked in, he was wearing black ripped jeans, black vans, a red and black flannel and a bisexual pin on his shirt.

One of the workers in the front seated him and took his drink and order.

The man looked from his phone and looked around the room out of boredom. He never goes to diners but he was interested in the look of this one. He noticed a girl and rolled his eyes. It was his ex. Claire. She was a horrible person. She noticed him, walked to his booth, and sat down.

"What the hell do you want?" Dream asked

"Come on, you know you still like me. Why haven't you answered my messages?"

"Maybe because you cheated on me and proceeded to call me slurs afterwards? Oh and don't get me started on the time you tried to change my sexuality." He answered furiously.

Karl came out of the back and scanned the room just incase anyone was in need of a worker. He noticed a girl with long brown hair and a man with beautiful blonde hair across from her. They looked mad at each other but Karl didn't want to interrupt.

Once Karl finished helping another customer he turned his gaze back to the two from earlier. He was close enough to hear this time.

"Look, I don't like you. I never will. I don't want to continue talking to you. We aren't even a couple. Can you give up?" The man told her but she wouldn't stop.

Karl had to do something. He spotted the bisexual pin and knew it opened up a whole new group of ways he could help.

Karl came over and smiled at the blonde before questioning him "Who's this, babe?"

"Really?" She replied and walked off

The mans face went red.

Karl looked back at him and began speaking "I'm sorry you just looked really uncomfortable, I had to do something"

He answered "No, no, no it's okay! You're really cute. Can you sit?"

Karl answered "Yeah of course. I'm almost on my break, give me 5 minutes!" He smiled before getting up and skating off to the back.

Karl's pov -

I already knew me and him would get along. He was super nice. I spotted my boss and walked to her.

"Hey, so I'm gonna go on my break in about 5 minutes like we discussed earlier, if that's okay!"

She agreed to the plan and I waited 5 minutes.

3rd person pov -

Dream was checking the time and when he noticed it had been 5 minutes he looked around trying to spot Karl. After a few seconds Karl skated back and sat down.

"Hi" Karl said giggling

"Hey! Thank you for earlier. She's horrible."

"No problem! Tell me about her." Karl replied

"Well, she's my ex girlfriend. I caught her cheating on me and she basically told me I was out of my mind and yelled slurs at me. She also threatened to change my sexuality, whatever that means."

Karl laughed at the last part "Many people have tried to make me straight as they worded it. But I'm not surprised, why wouldn't they? I'm amazing." He said sarcastically.

"I'm sure you are." Dream said while still thinking about what Karl said. He wasn't straight, that makes a lot more since now.

"So, what's your name?" Karl questioned

"Dream, well that's what I prefer to be called."

"Cute" Karl started "Tell me about yourself."

The two went back and forth introducing themselves before noticing the time.

"Oh god, oh my god, I wasn't even watching the time. I need to go, how long will you be here?" Karl asked while getting up.

"Only a few more minutes, let me give you my number." Dream knew exactly what he was doing.

Karl gave him his phone after opening up the contacts app. He turned around and noticed his boss walking up to him.

"Oh, hi" he stuttered

"Don't worry, you're not in trouble. I wanted to let you know you're off work for the night. We don't have anything else for you to do." His boss replied

Before Karl could answer her Dream stood up and handed his phone back. "Great! Let's go, Karl. Thank you ma'am"

Karl turned towards Dream and questioned "Let's go? What are you talking about?"

"You're coming with me. Unless you have something better to do." He smiled

Karl nodded and skated towards the door. "I need to go to my car really quickly. Wait for me"

Since Karl had been working this job for a while he got pretty good at skating in the parking lot. He always kept normal shoes in there so he changed while Dream was waiting for him.

He looked behind him and noticed Dream walking to his car and walked towards him.

They got in his car and Dream started speaking

"Wanna listen to music?" Karl nodded and just then the radio played

"Where are we going anyways?" Karl asked

"My house." Dream replied

"Okay" Karl giggled and looked out the window

After a few songs played they arrived at what Karl assumed was Dreams house. It was pretty.

"This is it" Dream stated as he noticed Karl staring

"I like it"

They got out of the car and walked inside.

- - - - - -
Words: 1,011
A/N , I'm excited to see where this story goes! I have a birthday party to go to I'll update tonight. This is also my first fan fiction I've wrote so I hope I improve :]

-Jay <3