1.

August 2006

-

"Did you make that money bitch?" Milan leaned over  Maya's shoulder and watched her count the dollar bills.

"Damn. Give me some space." Maya shrugged Milan off of her and she made a stank face in return.

"Fuck you too then bastard." She smacked on her gum and then plopped down on Maya's twin bed.

Maya whipped her head around to look at her friend of 10 years. "And what did i tell you about getting on my bed with them dirty clothes on??!" Maya slipped the money into her bra and tugged on Milan's pants leg.

"All these damn rules." Milan sat up. "If I wanted to be scolded I would've stayed with my mother."

"Girl bye." Maya rolled her eyes and Milan laughed out loud. "Let me stop playing. I'd rather eat a pair of  blue jeans than to go live with her."

Before Maya could respond, Catalina burst into her room with an arm full of bags. "I'm back ladies!!"

"Where the hell you been all day?" Maya placed her hand on her hip and stared her other friend down. "It's going on 10."

"Last time I checked mamcita I was grown.. but I did a little shopping..." Cat closed the door behind her and put all her bags down on the bed.

"With what money?" Milan asked her. "If Baby D come in here and see this shit he gone whoop yo ass."

"Exactly." Maya agreed. "And we're supposed to be saving up to get the fuck up outta here. Not buying  clothes Cat!"

Cat let out a sigh and rolled her eyes. "First of all, Baby D ain't gone do shit. He loves me. Second of all,  this the money I made from yesterday BUT I can make it back."

Milan and Maya looked at each other and then looked back at Catalina. It was like she had "dumb bitch" written across her forehead. The money they made went to Baby D and Jesús. Occasionally they would sneak a little for themselves but they were never supposed to spend all of it.

"We're definitely screwed." Milan shook her head and laid back on the bed on her stomach. "Might as well get prepared for this ass whooping."

"Y'all are seriously overreacting. I can make it back."

"You can't make $1,000 worth of clothes back by the morning Cat. It's literally impossible." Maya replied and sat down at the desk.

"So what are we going to do?" Cat looked between her 2 friends.

"We?? Bitch this ain't French class. You own yo' own  Cat." Milan shook her head. "You see what happened last time when we got into some shit. Baby D said it was gone be worse the next time!"

"I'll handle Demetrius, don't worry. I'm sorry y'all I wasn't thinking when I spent the money but now I really need y'all help." Cat chewed on her bottom lip nervously.

" Fuck n-"

"Ok.." Maya said next. Cat's eyes lit up and Milan cut hers at her. "No bitch. I'm not doing it."

"Yes you are because if you were in this situation you'd want somebody to help you, right?"

"Maya this is $1000 by the morning we're talking about here. We just can't rob no bank."

"We don't have to rob a bank, Milan."

"Then where we getting $1000 from? Cuz' I ain't got that kind of money laying around."

"Call MV. Tell her to come over here now." Maya said to Cat, ignoring Milan's question.

Cat pulled out her phone and dialed Maleah's number. They talked for a couple of minutes and then hung up.

"She's on her way."

"Ok.."

"What do you have in mind?" Cat questioned her.

"One of my customers got this big ass mansion on the north side. I know he got come cash stashed in there because I seen it. We just gotta find it."

Cat nodded her head while Milan shook hers. "So you telling me we finna rob this man house? That's illegal! That's a sin!"

"Bitch we sell our pussies for coin. That's illegal and a "sin" as well. Either we do this or we get our asses beat. Plus, once we get Cat her thou, we can take some more for ourselves. He's fuckin' rich for gods sake."

"Maya I don't know about this.." Milan said uneasily. "What if we fuck up?"

"We're not gonna fuck up Milan. It's 4 of us. We get in, and then get out. Simple. Ok?"

Milan nodded her head and Maya then turned to Cat. "You got it?"

Cat shook hers as well. "Sounds good to me."

There was a knock on the door that made us all stop talking. "Yo.. is Cat in there?" The voice belonged the Baby D and it didn't take any time for Maya and Milan to throw her bags under the bed.

"I'm in here. Come in." Cat fixed her hair and the door opened. "What's up Cat. What's up y'all."

Maya and Milan waved in unison as they watched Cat and Baby D interact with each other.

"You coming over later?" He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close to his body.

"Hmm..." Cat played with his T-Shirt. "When is later?"

"After we get finished counting y'all money and shit. You got that shit?" Baby D asked her and Cat's stomach formed into a knot.

"I'll give it to you tonight.. when I see you..." She said hesitantly and looked up into his eyes. Well eye, since the other one was gone.

"Sounds good to me." He shrugged. "Maya and Milan y'all can bring me y'all shit in a few minutes."

"Ok.." they both said.

"I'll see you later baby girl." The two shared a small kiss before he exited the room, closing it behind him.

Cat turned around to face her 2 friends. Her face was flushed. "Yeah we gotta go get that money now."