Chapter 25 - Enough!

Start from the beginning

"Mummy, I said I was getting late." She stated, a little irritated.

"It's fine Aunty," Amrit intervened. "It's not a big deal." She forced a smile.

"You just asked for one simple thing and she couldn't even do that." Her mother expressed her displeasure and Aarohi found it hard to not feel upset over it.

"Mummy, don't worry." Vihaan said to Rachna and smiled. "And I guess Aarohi looks pretty in whatever she wears." He added fondly.

"That's very true." Amrit agreed, understanding that it really wasn't a big deal.

"Let's go and meet everyone else."

"Y'all go. I need to talk to Aarohi." Rachna said when she noticed her daughter not meeting her eyes.

Rachna stood in front of Aarohi when Vihaan and Amrit left.

"The girl was excited to see in a saree."

"I know that and I realise that more than anyone else because she was excited for me." Aarohi shot back rudely.

"Watch your tone." Rachna warned. "These are the small things that you could do to make people around you happy. It's not too much they're asking for."

When Aarohi didn't reply and turned her face away, her mother sighed.

"Aarohi, I just wa- "

"You just want the best for me. You don't hate me. You just want things to be good for me so that I can be happy." Aarohi cut her off. "If this is what you want to say then I already know it. You don't have to waste your energy. Thank you." Saying that, she walked towards the rest of their family leaving her mother dumbstruck.

Vihaan looked at her questioningly and she blinked at him in assurance. Aarohi greeted the rest of her family and took her place beside her brother, Armaan. Rachna too came back.

"This is for you." Vihaan forwarded a wide box wrapped up in gift paper towards Amrit.

She looked at her brother in shock. "You brought a gift for me!?" She asked in pure astonishment.

Vihaan nodded with a smile.

"Oh my god!" Amrit grabbed the gift and started unwrapping it. Her eyes were left wide open when she saw the Apple MacBook Pro.

"You told me a few days back that you were facing some issue with your MacBook so I brought a new one." Vihaan said, crossing his arms.

"Bhai," she looked up at him in gratitude. She flung herself on him and hugged him keeping the MacBook aside. "I love you so damn much."

"You got your results in the morning and by evening, you've the best gift. Lucky bitch." Smriti commented earning a slap on her arm from her mother at her choice of words.

Aarohi felt her mood getting better looking at the endearing scene.

Vihaan excused himself when he got a call. The rest of them immersed themselves in conversations with each other. Aarohi noticed how Vihaan and his parents didn't exchange a word since the time they've been here but atleast his parents weren't making him feel bad again. Seeing Vihaan hurt was the last thing she wanted to see today.

"I'll just be back in a while." Amrit stoop up making her way towards the kitchen. She filled herself a glass of water and was just about to step out of the kitchen when she bumped into a hard body and lost her balance.

The glass fell breaking into pieces. The water spilled.

"Aah." Amrit screamed when a piece of glass cut her skin under her foot, digging into the flesh as blood started flowing. Her eyes welled up.