[31] Maybe Okay Will Be Our Always? No? Okay

Hi guys! MVPiaB's projected number of chapters is 40 + an epilogue.

Please manage your expectations though! I mean what the heck, this is me we're talking about... I was never really good with endings and all that writer crap. Heh.

Coco xxx

-

THIRTY ONE

"Napag-iiwanan na ako, 'di ko pa napapanood 'tong sequel ng Rurouni Kenshin," I muttered under my breath as I scanned through our pile of to-watch movies on the coffee table. Dinampot ko 'yung DVD case saka ko ito ibinuklat, popping it open all the way. My hands were so ready to extract the disc and shove it inside the player when Key butted in. Hinarangan niya ang masasayang mga plano ko.

"Keep that copy," The guy's hand closed the DVD's casing down with a snap, his palm landing on top of mine. "Panoorin mo na lang sa bahay n'yo."

"Wow, biyaya. Thanks." I jerked my hand away saka na ako tumayo mula sa pagkakaluhod ko sa sahig. Inipit ko sa braso ko 'yung DVD, then I made my way back to the junk food paradise, walking past him.

"Saan ka pupunta?" I could feel his eyes trailing my every move as I poked around the kitchen for something to eat. "You're still hungry?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nilingon ko siya't sinamaan ng tingin. His gaze traveled from me, to the corpses of the many unhealthy food we just wolfed down, and back. Okay, point taken, but still. "Bakit ba? Can't a girl get hungry twice?"

"Okay, okay," he said, raising both of his hands in surrender. "Wala na akong sinabi."

He slumped back to the velvet couch at pinanood niya ako habang pinilit kong ubusin 'yung laman ng box na nakaduyan sa mga kamay ko. Halos mabulunan na ako as I shoved another butterscotch bar into my mouth. Sumisikip na 'yung dibdib ko sa kabusugan, pero kailangan kong magpanggap at magpaka-busy, ayaw ko pa talagang umuwi.

Wala namang naging aberya sa phone conversation namin ni Grammy, it ended rather peacefully. Well, sort of. But that didn't suggest everything was fine.

Sa school kanina, sari-saring uri ng mga panghuhusga ang ibinato sa'kin. And of course, obviously, that horror of an experience did hurt... like hell. It will definitely taint and scar me for life. Pero kahit pagsama-samahin ko pa lahat ng mga panta-trash talk at pangja-judge nilang lahat, it would be so, so insignificant, the pain wouldn't even compare to the thought of Grammy and my parents, let down and upset, because of, well, me.

The Student Council President. The straight-A student. The girl aiming to gain acceptance from the most prestigious universities here and abroad.

Instead here I am, and the only thing I'm gaining is unwanted weight because of these stupid diabetes-inducing pastries. I'm indefinitely suspended from school, also maybe at the edge of completely saying bye-bye to it, thanks to the threat of expulsion.

Ang hirap kasi, kapag mataas ang expectations sa'yo, mas malaki ang disappointment. Pambihirang buhay 'to oh.

I kleptoed a can of Arizona Green Tea from the Ayala Rest House fridge and chugged all of its liquid contents in one go, attempting to drown my anxieties altogether. Pagkaubos ko nito'y pabagsak kong inilapag ang lata sa breakfast bar, causing the can to clink upon its contact to the marble surface.

"Can we go now?" Key, still watching me, and looking almost impatient while doing so, stood up. The keys dangling between his fingers jingled. "Hinihintay tayo ni Grammy."