CH. 16

“Uuuh where are you going all dolled up?” Hana questioned entering the living room wearing a robe, a towel around her hair and a facial mask on.

“I’m having dinner with Jungkook,” I answered without taking my eyes off my phone.

“Y/n! No!” she shouted, making me glanced up at her.

“What?”

“You’re supposed to marry Tae, not Jungkook!” 

“It’s just dinner. You really think I’m saying no to free food?” I raised an eyebrow and she shook her head, sitting next to me.

“I still don’t agree with it. What are you reading there?”

“That blog I told you about”

“Why am not surprised?”

“Does anyone know about a party that we can go to?” Dahye entered the house and threw herself on top of us.

“No and I don’t wanna go” Hana stated “And Y/n has a date”

“With Tae?” Hye raised her head with a big smile.

“No, with Jungkook” her expression turned into a frown “What’s up with you two and Taehyung?

“He’s hot and delicious” Dahyun expressed honestly followed by Hana.

“He’s very dreamy” I chuckled at their duality.

“Jungkook too and it’s just two friends having dinner”

“Does he know that?” I opened my mouth to answer the girl laying on me when the bell rang “Oh he’s picking you up. This is what I call an effort”

“Shut up, ok?”

I opened the door for Jungkook who was elegant wearing a black button-up shirt along with dark jeans. After some compliments he guided me to his car that according to him he borrowed from a friend for tonight. I think I should have known better before accepting his invitation. This habit of thinking with my stomach will get me into trouble.

We chatted on the way to the restaurant and I found out that he was studying Mechatronics Engineering wanting to specialize in robotics in the future, and in my opinion that’s fucking cool. The place he chose was not far from where I live and after saying his name to the receptionist we were guided to a table for two. My stomach rumbled when I saw all the delicious dishes on the menu.

“So, how was your day?” he asked after we placed our orders to the waitress.

“I didn’t do much. Just college stuff” I wasn’t lying about that “How about you?”

“I visited my mom at the hospital and did some chores that I was procrastinating all week” 

“Your mom’s in the hospital?” I asked, slightly astonished. 

“Yeah,” he scratched the back of his head looking embarrassed. My guess is that he didn’t notice he said that.

“You don’t need to tell me, sorry for being nosy”

“No, no. It’s ok. She has kidney failure and is waiting for a transplant” he explained in a sad tone and I felt sorry for him. It’s surprising how much we don’t know about people’s lives and their struggles. 

“I’m so sorry, Jungkook. I hope she gets better soon. What about your dad?” 

“He lives in Japan because of his work. When he got the promotion my mom refused to go and leave her life here so we stayed. He used to come every 10 days to spend a couple of days with us but over time their marriage got worn out and they decided to get a divorce” he scoffed “He calls a few times and I see his effort to stay close but it still sucks”