CH. 14

“That’s a nice way of shutting me up” I whispered, still trapped in his arms. We were still close so I took the opportunity to memorize every little feature of his face. His hand fell loose and he took a step back, appearing to be embarrassed.

“Sorry for that”

“So, like, you need to drink to be the shameless bad boy you were at Korain’s party or what?” I questioned trying to understand how he can change his attitudes so fast.

But he didn’t answer. Instead he avoided my question, guiding me to sit on the grass next him, enjoying the beautiful starry sky. That’s not how I imagined the party would go.

“Where do you know the guy you were fighting with?” he spoke. I hugged my legs and took a breath.

“From Daejeon. He's my ex-boyfriend's best friend and a total piece of shit” I turned my glance at him “We all have scars Taehyung, even if we can’t actually see them” we stared at each other for a few seconds, with only the sound of the party behind us filling the air.

“Tae”

“Hum?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“You can call me Tae like you did the other day. It was nice” I nodded and looked forward again since his gaze was too much to handle “What’s your scar, Y/n?” his voice came out low and slurred and I could still feel him looking at me. It took me a few seconds to bold up and start telling him the story of my life.

“When I was 10 my dad left me and my mom to live with his mistress in the United States. He was cheating for the past 2 years and although my mom knew about it she never confronted him, afraid he might leave. But that happened anyway. One day he was there and the other he disappeared leaving only a letter behind, explaining what happened. After that my mom changed” I hate telling people that story. My heart sinks and all the pain from back then hits me again “She started to go out and spend all night away saying she needed to recover from what dad did to her. It took me some time to realize she was using drugs. ‘It numbs the pain’ she used to say” I scoffed “So instead of taking care of me she was getting high and doing God knows what.
     One day my dad called and I told him what was happening and you know what he said?” I turned my head to Tae, already feeling the tears prickling in my eyes “He said ‘I’ll send you some money so you can take care of yourself’” I let out a humorless laugh “It really helped when some kids from my school found out about my mom and started to blackmail me or else they would tell the whole school what they knew”   

“I’m so sorry this happened to you, Y/n”

“Me too, but it gets better” I replied sarcastically, cleaned a stupid tear from my cheek and kept talking “I met Junseo during high school. He took care of me and because of him no one would mess with me, which I thought it was great at the time. So we started dating. Until one day he come up to me and said he filmed us having sex and if I didn’t do what was told me to he would post the video on the internet and everyone would see ‘that you’re a whore just like your mother’. I did nasty things for him, which I'll not even name, for 4 whole months.
     One day I got fucked up of everything and went to his house looking for the damn video only to find out there was none. The one he briefly showed me wasn’t with me on it, or even him! It belonged to Dakho, his roommate and the equivalent of human syphilis with whom I was arguing back there. Then I bought a lot of glitter and threw everywhere in their bedroom and bathroom, including their closets, stole their computers and set fire to them”

“You… glitter?” Tae seemed befuddled and impressed at the same time.

“Have you notice how fucking hard it is to clean glittler? They went to school shining for the rest of the year and never discovered it was me who did it. That’s when I decided that I wouldn’t bend my head to anyone. When I was admitted into the university here I didn’t think twice about coming. I changed my looks, made new friends and placed my mom in rehab, not that it made any difference since she leaves whenever she feels like it” I sighed “When I met the boys I realised I wasn't the only one picking up my own pieces trying to survive”